What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

How are you preparing
Chemistry

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 4

Post by Chemistry »

Nice Kit!

Just got my delivery of British army MREs...of course I had to try one to see edibility. Tucked into a nice chicken korma and then ginger pudding...not bad!
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Jansman, Brambles, thanks for the update on the stoves. Couldn't find hexi on the Halfords website, but they have a store in the next town along, and I'll be going there soon. Must look into the feasibility of having a Triangia too at some stage. I want to be able to help my sister and her adult offspring transition if anything were to happen.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Arzosah wrote:Jansman, Brambles, thanks for the update on the stoves. Couldn't find hexi on the Halfords website, but they have a store in the next town along, and I'll be going there soon. Must look into the feasibility of having a Triangia too at some stage. I want to be able to help my sister and her adult offspring transition if anything were to happen.

There you go:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... &langId=-1

Hope that helps. :)

Edit 1300hrs: Just returned from my local Halfords - none in stock.

Picked up a couple of screw top gas canisters though :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Aw, I appreciate the offer, pseudonym, but there's something funny going on - the pic of whatever product it is comes up as just a placeholder image of the Halfords logo, and the same when I just searched online for that product. It's under motoring/ car parts/ body & exhaust/ spoilers/ ECP58. So I'm *really* not sure whats happening.

However - the same stove that was £15, the update for my little gaz stove - is now half price from what it was. http://www.halfords.com/camping-leisure ... -stove-new

I'm not going to get better than that! And I've just checked on their chat facility which cartridge it takes. I'll be much better set up very soon, ta muchly :) And when I collect it, I'll check in person on the hexi.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Arzosah wrote:Aw, I appreciate the offer, pseudonym, but there's something funny going on - the pic of whatever product it is comes up as just a placeholder image of the Halfords logo, and the same when I just searched online for that product. It's under motoring/ car parts/ body & exhaust/ spoilers/ ECP58. So I'm *really* not sure whats happening.

However - the same stove that was £15, the update for my little gaz stove - is now half price from what it was. http://www.halfords.com/camping-leisure ... -stove-new

I'm not going to get better than that! And I've just checked on their chat facility which cartridge it takes. I'll be much better set up very soon, ta muchly :) And when I collect it, I'll check in person on the hexi.
Weird. :?

Try typing in: Folding Stove Solid Fuel

I've just done it again, still working this end.

nice deal on the stove too. :)
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Argh! Still not working on this side - I'll leave it there, I've done a click and collect on the gaz stove and cartridges, to collect by Sunday, so I'll look in person then. Haven't been down that way for ages, so it works well for me :)
junmist

Post by junmist »

Just checked all the battery's in the touches and replaced the ones that needed it also I'm doing a bit of research into solar lanterns as the nights are drawing in I'm getting a head start on winter prep's :D
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Spent the day re-loading a new Kindle after I broke the last one. :(
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I seem to be becoming a bit more mainstream, I've bought a couple of wee pouches for EDC. I've crammed stuff into my wallet and will try and split into a 'true' EDC and the extended EDC when I'm more than a short walk away. I'm looking forward to having a play. I'm not a hundred percent that I'll follow through and put one in a jacket pocket but I'll find a use if I don't think it too weird to carry some of my stuff in a 'special pouch'. I know a lot on here won't get this but I can justify pulling something out of my wallet when I'm in company, or even a jacket pocket but pulling out a wee pouch with an array of 'bits and bobs' would seem weird to most. Decisions, decisions..... I'll have fun having a play at least.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Deeps wrote: I know a lot on here won't get this but I can justify pulling something out of my wallet when I'm in company, or even a jacket pocket but pulling out a wee pouch with an array of 'bits and bobs' would seem weird to most. Decisions, decisions..... I'll have fun having a play at least.
I get that, to tell the truth - it's not a fashion accessory, where you can twirl about and say "woo hoo, look at me!" it's about how useful it is, in your context. More power to your elbow. Or wallet, as the case may be :mrgreen: