Tarpaulins,timber and tape

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Brambles

Re: Tarpaulins,timber and tape

Post by Brambles »

jansman wrote:
Brambles wrote:This is something we're a bit light on too but we could rustle up a tarp and rope to cobble together a repair. Once funds allow, it wouldn't hurt to put together a GHK (gaping hole kit). :D
Damn! Another acronym!
:lol: :lol:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

For your windows it wouldn't hurt having plywood pre-cut to the correct sizes (and labeled ) for ease of boarding up..... Just as useful before the fact (hurricane warning), during civil unrest ( "CU" if you're collecting acronyms :lol: ) or after a break-in* or football/glass interface error.

While I have a range of tarps, I store them in the attic :oops:

*Related note: I once secured a door with broken locks by screwing a second set of hinges on the 'open' side, this would also work if it had been forced
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

ForgeCorvus wrote:For your windows it wouldn't hurt having plywood pre-cut to the correct sizes (and labeled ) for ease of boarding up..... Just as useful before the fact (hurricane warning), during civil unrest ( "CU" if you're collecting acronyms :lol: ) or after a break-in* or football/glass interface error.

*Related note: I once secured a door with broken locks by screwing a second set of hinges on the 'open' side, this would also work if it had been forced
Now THAT is a great idea. Simple and effective, thanks. :)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
jansman

Post by jansman »

ForgeCorvus wrote:For your windows it wouldn't hurt having plywood pre-cut to the correct sizes (and labeled ) for ease of boarding up..... Just as useful before the fact (hurricane warning), during civil unrest ( "CU" if you're collecting acronyms :lol: ) or after a break-in* or football/glass interface error.

I do have pre cut boards ready to go.Mainly in case of windows accidentally being broken.Hopefully they will never be needed.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.