Smoking in a post SHTF World

How are you preparing
ForgeCorvus

Re: Smoking in a post SHTF World

Post by ForgeCorvus »

ukpreppergrrl wrote: .....NOTHING ate them! Well, nothing that then survived long enough to pass on the information about the new tasty morsels to its friends :twisted: (Nicotine used to be used as an insecticide...)
Probably a good reason to grow then, even if (like me) you're a former nicotine junkie....... Organic pesticides FTW
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
shocker

Post by shocker »

Indeed, a great insecticide - a good spray can be made from tobacco (ash tray stubs will do) infused water and a little soft soap. Nicotania plants of many types, growing, will have an effect but mixing them can lead to problems with Mosaic Virus.

That can be catastrophic, killing all plants of the genus and a few others too. Naughty weeds are one type that suffer badly from it. :shock:
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

ForgeCorvus wrote:
ukpreppergrrl wrote: .....NOTHING ate them! Well, nothing that then survived long enough to pass on the information about the new tasty morsels to its friends :twisted: (Nicotine used to be used as an insecticide...)
Probably a good reason to grow then, even if (like me) you're a former nicotine junkie....... Organic pesticides FTW
That was my thought too. :D
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
shocker

Post by shocker »

Sorry Bram (and everyone else), I have looked all over and cannot find my tobacco growing files. :oops: :(

I have found a few useful online bits though, some of which I used myself in the past. Theres a pdf download of a short book by the bloke that I learned from but his old site is gone now :

http://www.webbyboy.co.uk/writing/tobacco/Tobaccouk.pdf

this one seems familiar, a cursory read gives a good impression :

http://www.growyourownrollyourown.com/s ... bacco.html

...and I have used this sites shop before :

http://www.tobaccoseed.co.uk/index.html

..if anything else crops up (ha! :lol: ) or I find new info I will post it up.

NOTICE - growing tobacco for personal use is regulated by HM Customs for duty purposes, so please read up on current regs and duties. I think that one is required to keep records and self declare, much like with bio diesel production, but it would be best to check. :ugeek:

The reason I make a point of the above is not just to keep the forum within the law (and you guys too, see how much I love you all ;) ) but because much of the old info on this subject has been taken down, apparently at the behest of HMC&E.

I say apparently because no one is giving a straight answer. But the above notice should keep everything above board and everyone, forum included, safe and happy. Now theres lovely ! :D
shocker

Post by shocker »

Quite a good, short but straightforward account of the whole shebang here -

https://hubpages.com/living/Tobacco-Gro ... ng-at-Home
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

shocker wrote:I have found a few useful online bits though, some of which I used myself in the past. Theres a pdf download of a short book by the bloke that I learned from but his old site is gone now :

http://www.webbyboy.co.uk/writing/tobacco/Tobaccouk.pdf
Aha! Yes! His old site, coffinails, was the tobacco growing forum I was on! :D
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
shocker

Post by shocker »

Thats the one, thank you! :D I couldnt find my old paperwork or remember the name, for the life of me. Nice one, PG ;)
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Thanks both. :)

I'm downloading the info now. Defo something I'll have a go at next year.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
kevinb21

Post by kevinb21 »

Wow! Wonderful post and very helpful. Thanks for sharing.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

To make snuff

Make sure cured herb is TOTALLY DRY
Pound in STONE mortar and pestle until fine and powdery
Sift through lady's stockings stretched over a cup
Take sifted power and rehydrate through placing it in a small pot, place that in a larger pot with a lid. Put a small amount of water around the base of the smaller pot but in the bigger pot. Close lid and allow the water vapour to rehydrate the snuff overnight.
Store in small airtight containers with a few drops of your favourite essential oil for flavour.

Take it by the pinch, as much as you can carry between forefinger and thumb.
Take three pinches every 10 minutes for 30 minutes and FLY.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks