Figure Four Trigger Trap Pre-made?

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Plymtom

Re: Figure Four Trigger Trap Pre-made?

Post by Plymtom »

Captain Darling wrote:Yeah I'm getting there. Need to keep my knife sharper as well.

All my kit like this is packed in a grab bag which I usually keep in the vehicle.

Yeah my father in law is big on making things and 'make do and mend' and has a load of tools. I'll hit him up and try it in a bit of relative comfort. I think getting a few good ones under my belt would do me good.
Blunt knives are dangerous ;)
That's the spirit, making stuff in comfort if you're not used to doing things like that is experience which will help, you'll get a natural understanding of how to make do when you do get outdoors, how to grip a piece of work without it moving or being in danger of cutting yourself, I slipped with a folding saw and gave myself a nasty cut once, stuff outdoors especially trees and bushes bounce and move, an unfamiliar tool can fool even an experienced person into feeling safe, the trick out there is to find something to work on, a log which wont move, and it wouldn't hurt to have a coupleof nails in your kit to bang in for something to lean on when sawing or cutting.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Captain Darling

Post by Captain Darling »

Right that's four of the aluminium bad boys on order. Off to the in-laws this weekend to get the knives sharpened, and some shed time whittling away.

Next, a purse net...
Cutting, combustion, cordage, container, cover.
Bearded Prepper

Post by Bearded Prepper »

Out of curiosity where did you order from in the end?

Also, let us know how you get on with them and give your verdict ;)
Captain Darling

https://www.selfrelianceoutfitters.com/ ... dfall-trap

Got 3 of these. The link to Self Reliance earlier iso for a 5 pack with 5 snare wires and snares I have.

They've been dispatched from the US of A and are en route as we speak :-D.
gamekeeper752

Post by gamekeeper752 »

I shall be interested to see if these work and assume they are for small varmint size

could you let us know if the instructions are easy to understand and do they also show you how to set up a cage instead of the dead fall and whether or not explains where and what areas to set them up in

also are you going to use them as a test/vermin control or are they just going into your BoB/survival kit

as I'm sure you understand this is a subject close to my heart

cheers
Train hard,Fight easy, put the kettle on and make tea
Captain Darling

They're not just for packing away as it happens. Mentioned it to a mate at the Garrison clay shooting club. Turns out they've a vermin issue, so I'll be using them on rats, rabbits and squirrel shortly.

I'll publish a review with pics/instructions etc for sure.
gamekeeper752

Post by gamekeeper752 »

Captain Darling wrote:They're not just for packing away as it happens. Mentioned it to a mate at the Garrison clay shooting club. Turns out they've a vermin issue, so I'll be using them on rats, rabbits and squirrel shortly.

I'll publish a review with pics/instructions etc for sure.

Great, non risque training to get the stills up, as well as the chance for a good chuck it all in stew.

for the Moderators on here shouldn't this thread now be moved to the bush craft primitive survival skills thread
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Captain Darling wrote:Yeah I am getting there with making them. Sometimes they even work.

It's nice to know you have at least one good to go before you have to start trying, more of a psychological approach for me I guess.

I like the first link where you have one pre made and then get to carve one. Has anyone used Apocabox before?
Not used them but seen a lot being unboxed, before you buy take a look at the unboxings on youtube, some have good stuff but some have stuff I'd call rubbish in them. The trouble is while you might get some stuff you need you'll get stuff you already have, or stuff that you wont use maybe.
Captain Darling

They've arrived.

Got them in the post this morning after a bit of too and fro with HM Customs.

Looking forward to having a day or two to play around with them and get my head around them, then getting them set up and working in the field.

Watch this space...
gamekeeper752

Post by gamekeeper752 »

Any news on this bit of kit yet