Cut test with one of my own forged swords

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
sethorly

Re: Cut test with one of my own forged swords

Post by sethorly »

Thanks Wulfshead, really interesting to see how seemingly little effort goes into an effective strike with that type of sword. You have a great delivery as well in terms of the commentary.
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

Deeps wrote:Had to watch the vid with the sound down for now, Champions League takes priority. :D I'll give it another watch though, it looks pretty impressive though and aye, you do look like you could come up with the odd cunning plan. :lol:
Thanks for liking it.
I have come up with many a cunning plan, most got me into bother however :lol:

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

sethorly wrote:Thanks Wulfshead, really interesting to see how seemingly little effort goes into an effective strike with that type of sword. You have a great delivery as well in terms of the commentary.
And thanks to you for liking my video.
I think if you can't have a giggle then just don't get up in the morning.
Perhaps I'll post a picture of the gathered creations when those hearth folk still in Essex congregate at mine this Yule.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Would love to see some of the detail of the sword. Looks very nice indeed.
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

Thanks Featherstick,
I'll do something for you when the Mrs brings her camera home, I'm rubbish with videos truth to tell.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Wulfshead wrote:
sniper 55 wrote:Well that certainly cuts well enough, and it looks great mate.
Thank you sniper 55,
my wife does moan when I sit in bed with a sharpening stone, and I bet you think I'm joking !
Personally I can't see what she means that sharpening a sword in bed is dangerous, keeps her on her side though :lol:

Wulfshead
:lol:
Wingfoot

Post by Wingfoot »

Nice video mate, ive just subscribed to your channel, would love to see some close ups of your work, it looks great & clearly has a keen edge, if you ever do decide to make others to sell, I would be interested in getting one. 8-)

Cheers
Wf
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

Wingfoot wrote:Nice video mate, ive just subscribed to your channel, would love to see some close ups of your work, it looks great & clearly has a keen edge, if you ever do decide to make others to sell, I would be interested in getting one. 8-)

Cheers
Wf
Thanks Wingfoot,
I'm all booked up til the new year but I do make commissions.
The problem is that I agree that people should not be able to just tick a box to say they are 18+ to get a sword like many, many of the commercial swordsmiths allow, I like to know a blade of mine is not going to an idiot who will go a-Viking just because they can :lol:
I'm sure that the vast majority of UKP members fit the sensible head group but the forum anonymity and advertising system makes it hard to put a contact address on the forum.
When I'm clear around Feb I'll PM you to see if you are still interested and we can work on your ideas from there.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Its nice to see Long Steel on a survivalist/prepper forum that isn't bent in the middle ;)
The Japanese make swords to defeat Japanese armour. The Germanic and Norse peoples wore different armour and therefore made different swords (not worse or better, just different)

Swords are for speed, Axes for power and Spears & knives are for everyone :)

Wulf: I'd love to see your work in the metal
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Wingfoot

Post by Wingfoot »

Wulfshead wrote:
Wingfoot wrote:Nice video mate, ive just subscribed to your channel, would love to see some close ups of your work, it looks great & clearly has a keen edge, if you ever do decide to make others to sell, I would be interested in getting one. 8-)

Cheers
Wf
Thanks Wingfoot,
I'm all booked up til the new year but I do make commissions.
The problem is that I agree that people should not be able to just tick a box to say they are 18+ to get a sword like many, many of the commercial swordsmiths allow, I like to know a blade of mine is not going to an idiot who will go a-Viking just because they can :lol:
I'm sure that the vast majority of UKP members fit the sensible head group but the forum anonymity and advertising system makes it hard to put a contact address on the forum.
When I'm clear around Feb I'll PM you to see if you are still interested and we can work on your ideas from there.

Wulfshead

Hi Wulfshead

Fully understand mate, you can never be to careful, your principles are to admired & respected, I'll be in touch in the new year & hopefully we can work something out.

Cheers
Wf
Si vis pacem, para bellum