Monthly subscription boxes

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
dowser78

Monthly subscription boxes

Post by dowser78 »

Hi guys
I've been looking at treating myself to a monthly subscription box but im looking for some advise on where to go!
Tac pack, alpha outpost, prepper gear box, battlbox to name a few. And if you get sent the same items as you would in the US to the UK
Mortblanc

Re: Monthly subscription boxes

Post by Mortblanc »

I am quite certain that one could make a well thought list and hit E-bay and save a good bit of money.

The shipping from the U.S. will equal the value of the prizes inside the box, increasing the cost of your items greatly.

As for what items would be sent to GB, I have no idea other than the normal legal restrictions between customs in the two countries. If the most valuable item in the box gets seized at customs your balloon will be burst on opening for sure.

Plus I do not like other folks choosing my equipment for me. I have been at this for a while and have some very specific gear preferences that are outside the parameters of most of the Rambo types that put these boxes together.
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

Umm, just what is a monthly subscription box?
Knowledge is power
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Stasher wrote:Umm, just what is a monthly subscription box?
Several companies offer a sort of survival goodie box, one month your get fire related stuff, another month maybe signalling etc. See the video below for a better idea of whats in them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ISImRJ8Qmk

The problem as I see it is while some of the boxes do have good stuff in them a lot of the stuff isn't maybe what I'd buy or use so thats kind of wasted money.
I suppose if enough people on here got together and bought different boxes then swopped/shared the stuff they didn't want or need it might cut down on the waste.
Personally it's not for me though, as someone said above I'd rather spend a few notes on ebay and get stuff I want.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

sniper 55 wrote:
Several companies offer a sort of survival goodie box, one month your get fire related stuff, another month maybe signalling etc. See the video below for a better idea of whats in them.

The problem as I see it is while some of the boxes do have good stuff in them a lot of the stuff isn't maybe what I'd buy or use so thats kind of wasted money.
I suppose if enough people on here got together and bought different boxes then swopped/shared the stuff they didn't want or need it might cut down on the waste.
Personally it's not for me though, as someone said above I'd rather spend a few notes on ebay and get stuff I want.
Sounds a bit like wine clubs, I've never joined one because mates have ended up with all sorts that they wouldn't have bought. Me, I know what I like with both wine and prepping. I'm another one who would rather have a nose around Ebay and Youtube for inspiration for the old zombie stores. Saying that it would be great to get a big box delivered with all sorts of toys, Christmas every month. :lol:
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

Deeps wrote:
sniper 55 wrote:

Sounds a bit like wine clubs, I've never joined one because mates have ended up with all sorts that they wouldn't have bought. Me, I know what I like with both wine and prepping. I'm another one who would rather have a nose around Ebay and Youtube for inspiration for the old zombie stores. Saying that it would be great to get a big box delivered with all sorts of toys, Christmas every month. :lol:
Thanks for this, it's an interesting concept

I can see that some people may find this 'cool' as the bloke in the video keeps saying (!) if you view prepping as a hobby or if you believe the world is going to end, but for a practical day to day approach approach I think half of the stuff would be useless to us, and the other half we already have!

I can see that it would be fun to try and make the pistol kit and construct different tarp shelters, but I think I'll stick to shower gel, chocolate and coffee!
Knowledge is power
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

Here is a video/ advert for a UK packed Box https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbcyisPLk6M

I have no interest in this company, i do not even buy their products.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.