The modern survival manual

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
featherstick

Re: The modern survival manual

Post by featherstick »

scoobie wrote:Amazon UK stock it..

Amazon are parasites on the creative and social economy.

Creative because whenever a book is published they list it, whether they can get hold of it or not. This encourages people to order from them, and not from a legit bookshop or from the author. They've even been known to list spurious books that don't exist but that are mentioned in real works.

Social because of their work practices and their refusal to pay tax, at least in the UK. They rely on the UK's education, health, communication and legal infrastructure, but don't contribute.

Please buy it from the author, or a real bookshop.
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

Except if you go to his blog to buy his book, it links to Amazon..
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Anyway it's £14 used and I haven't got it lol, need wait until it comes down a bit :mrgreen:
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

scoobie wrote:Except if you go to his blog to buy his book, it links to Amazon..

I didn't know that : (

Also listed on lulu.com : )
PreparedKent

Post by PreparedKent »

Just read the exerpt Daz sent me, really good read, think I might buy the rest of the book but after reading the above I will stay away from amaCON
QUAID

Post by QUAID »

Agree.
This is a very good book that brings the perspective of modern day preparedness down to earth. With real experience and common sense advice. Thoroughly recommend this one.
Fernando's You Tube channel is very good too.
He also has another book out - Bugging out and relocating - Worth getting if your researching where to relocate to abroad.
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

I'm not a fan of ferfal, I haven't read the book but did read his blog back when he first arrived on the scene. I'm open to correction but I believe it was his original blog which became the book, some interesting tip-bits but I wouldn't take it all as gospel.
If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

Hi Daz! Could I have a copy also? I remember the floods from a few years ago and we lasted a couple of weeks and started floundering so another more successful account would be helpful. Thank you!
dazthechippy

Post by dazthechippy »

yep, ill dig it out for you - if you want to PM me your email address i'l do it no probs