A useful link for the overwhelmed newbie prepper

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
ggc

A useful link for the overwhelmed newbie prepper

Post by ggc »

Hi everyone,

I just thought I would share a link that I stumbled across this morning. After taking the time to read it I actually think it's very good. I'm sure most will agree that prepping can be a bit overwhelming for people who have only just decided to do so, and this link is good because it breaks down the basic categories and gives a few so-called "Action steps" to take in order to get prepared. It's by no means exhaustive but I think it's a good place to start.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2012/11/0 ... -disaster/
Hamradioop

Re: A useful link for the overwhelmed newbie prepper

Post by Hamradioop »

How to Make a Bug Out Bag: Your 72-Hour Emergency Evacuation Survival Kit, companion article to the above.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/03/0 ... vival-kit/
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
pitchshifter

Post by pitchshifter »

Thanks for these guys, just read through both links and found them both useful. I'm fairly new to prepping and it does feel pretty overwhelming right now!
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

pitchshifter wrote:Thanks for these guys, just read through both links and found them both useful. I'm fairly new to prepping and it does feel pretty overwhelming right now!
Keep with it, it does get easier and soon becomes second nature. A bit here and there all adds up pretty quickly and you are soon on the way to peace of mind. Welcome to the forum by the way :)
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Pitch: Welcome home ;)
Remember prepping is like eating an elephant. Don't try and swallow the whole thing in one go, chop it up into bite sized bits and keep picking at it.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
pitchshifter

Post by pitchshifter »

Thanks guys. Forge I'll remember that about the elephant, lol. I feel I've made a pretty good start on a nice steak of first aid supplies! :)
Aftershock

Post by Aftershock »

Thanks for the link, some good reading ahead.

Cheers

chris