Medical School

Medical and Healthcare
Winklebury

Medical School

Post by Winklebury »

Hello All,

I have had a terrible few yeas, long story short I left my unpleasant career in the city, and am now close to going to medical school!

I have heard back from one school, and have been offered an interview in the New Year, to start in September 2015, and am waiting to hear back from other schools too, so there maybe more than just one interview.

Although this change in direction is down to my personality and desire for my career, it also has an interesting relevance to prepping.

I will be happy to share my experiences as I go (although I will in no way be qualified or authorised to teach medicine), so watch this space!

Regards,

Winky
tigs

Re: Medical School

Post by tigs »

good luck winklebury
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Good for you!! Its so important to be happy in your work as you spend so much time there! 8-)
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Thats one of the many motivations that I did my nutrition course. Go for it
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

That sounds absolutely brilliant, Winklebury, good for you. I'd be really interested to hear about the journey, and the ideas it sparks, as well as what you think about any of the medical prepping advice out on the web.
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

Good for you :) I was a very mature student when I went on my degree in Nursing and I loved every minute of it, work at a steady pace and make time for some fun.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
pitchshifter

Post by pitchshifter »

Congratulations Winklebury! Where did you get your interview?

My medical school interview days were a good few years ago now so I'm guessing lots of things will have changed, but if I can give you any advice feel free to drop me a PM.

Good luck! :D
ticklemonkey

Post by ticklemonkey »

Congrats, all the best. If I had my time again I would have gone for it methinks. The psychology degree did not quite satisfy me, hoho :lol:
Selkie

Post by Selkie »

:D
Yep ticklemonkey would have done the same instead of psychology and then gone in to psychiatry ;)
Trying to shift into MSc psychology and neuroscience so that I can actually 'prove' something atm. :lol:
All the best with the medical degree us twarted doctors are jealous as hell.
Plan for the worst......but enjoy every minute of it.
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

Wow, Winklebury brilliant stuff! Huge good luck for your studies. Congratulations on getting the results necessary for getting into medical school in the first place! Let us know how you get on.