stove

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
rik_uk3

Re: stove

Post by rik_uk3 »

Far more than I should have even though I've drastically cut down my collection of stoves; paraffin/petrol/naptha/alcohol and a couple of wood burners.

What are you looking for?
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
Hoipoloi

Post by Hoipoloi »

janso wrote: I wouldn't ditch the hexy stove mate; it's still a good foundation for using with natural fuel sources when the hexy runs out.
Extra weight when it's dead though. It will have served it's purpose for the first few days while I can concentrate on other things. After that I can collect natural fuel and use the woodburner.
My prepping consists of bugging out by bicycle so any comments are likely to be based on that scenario.
janso

stove

Post by janso »

Oh right; upon re-reading I understand now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Society has gotten to the point where everybody has a right but nobody has a responsibility
nzbred

Post by nzbred »

I have a trangia stove and another meths stove,and a good supply of meths,(i swear the guy i get it off thinks im drinking the stuff) :D also a small wood burner. What i would love though,(but im absolutely useless at making anything) is one of the ammo box stoves you see people making,i think they're great! good heat source too and you can channel the flue/chimney out of a window.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

OP, try making yourself a hobostove out of pop cans or a baked bean tin. There's a post by munch which shows him making one.

I gave the pop can burner a try last week, good way to kill an hour, i'd recommend giving it a try, save yourself a few quid if you decide to use it too.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6480
Area 8.

"Better to have and not need, than to need and not have"
Devils

Post by Devils »

I built a rocket stove, small(ish) light weight, built for nothing, there are loads of vids on youtube, its easy to do.
Big Bear

Post by Big Bear »

Thanks for the help guys.

Quite a few good ones there that'll look further into.

:D
Do not rely on the government for anything, especially your survival
munchh

Post by munchh »

My wife thinks ive lost the plot im sure, but I think ive finaly got to the end of my buying different ones, I thought until I have tried something dont rule it out.
There is only so much you can learn from youtube.
I have always had gas stoves, from when I spent many a weekend by the side of a lake fishing, I have had an epigas alpine stove that I bought at the same time a a small kettle and the smallest frying pan, its always done exactly what I wanted, instantly.
ive now tried and made various meths burners and they are my new love, though without a supply of meths or gas they are not my first choice if I have to grab and run.
I have played with the swiss volcano stove and the hobo type stoves and made wood gas stoves, the wood gas stove being the most impressive.
So the one Devonian pointed out has got to be a must have, there is one on ebay now that has a small tray that takes gel or hexi blocks and for £22 delivered its a no brainer.
it works with a meths burner, wood/any combustable woodchips or pellets, gel and solid blocks or even bbq fire lighters and with not much fettling will take a gas burner a bit like a trangia does.
After buing one for a friend as I knew he would have more time to try it, its the last stove on my Christmas list.
:ugeek:
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
bow

Post by bow »

i have a one ring camping gas thingamajig, stocking op on the gas, question its being keep in the shed will the cans go off?? is it worth getting buy bulk? .
my mate has one of the kelly kettles cracking bit of kit , great for fishing ,, sorry for the jumping in with a question , i'm new to forums and will prob find the answer if i look , cheers
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

bow wrote:i have a one ring camping gas thingamajig, stocking op on the gas, question its being keep in the shed will the cans go off?? is it worth getting buy bulk? .
my mate has one of the kelly kettles cracking bit of kit , great for fishing ,, sorry for the jumping in with a question , i'm new to forums and will prob find the answer if i look , cheers
They won't go 'off' at all, just make sure the cans don't get too rusty.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.