New member South Cambridge

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Scorpion22

New member South Cambridge

Post by Scorpion22 »

Hi all, i am new to prepping and would be keen to join local prepping groups in east anglia or north hearts area to learn new skills. Thanks Paul.
hobo

Re: New member South Cambridge

Post by hobo »

Hi Paul, welcome!
tigs

Post by tigs »

welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
Oldarborman

Post by Oldarborman »

Welcome
AREA 10
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.:)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Jaytheknife

Post by Jaytheknife »

Welcome mate. Don't know of any groups but not been on here long myself.
junmist

Post by junmist »

Hi and welcome can you tell us some more about you as we are a nosey lot on here :D
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
Scorpion22

Post by Scorpion22 »

Jaytheknife wrote:Welcome mate. Don't know of any groups but not been on here long myself.
Hi Jay. Well, I recently retired early and now have more time on my hands. I think there are are 3 mind sets to prepping (1) response to major world disasters and apocalypse ie very serious (but hopefully rare). (2) is the next level down from this which I would expect to affect the country nationally and require major, but not long term, prepping. (3) this level woul be required for short term, local or national events that cause disruption and and are more likely to occur examples are:

Major flooding, blizzards, long term power cuts, fuel shortages, riots and civil disorder,

I am not 'hard core' prepping as my My tendency is to start prepping for no 3 as I think these are more likely to occur however that is just my view and others will of course have their own interpretations. I also like to prepare for short car journeys as I was once stuck in a traffic jam for 7 hours and I could have done with a basic supplies bag.

My basic prepping items are mobile phone, car breakdown and credit card - these are essential for obvious reasons. I am now preparing for basic supplies and equipment for no 3. I will report in on how I intend to do this. In the meantime I would be interested in meeting up locally with other preppers.

I hope this makes sense - thanks for comments so far.