Young Prepper

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Ruaridh

Young Prepper

Post by Ruaridh »

Hi folks, relatively new to prepping although it has been on my mind for a while. I think the extortionate corporate bailouts after the 2008 collapse have just delayed and compounded an already huge storm heading our way. All I'm thinking is better to be safe than sorry!

Live with parents and have suggested the idea of prepping to them but they are not interested, so im prepping for them as well (the'll thank me later!)
Was lucky enough to move out the city a few years ago to a house on a hill, surrounded by acres of deciduous woodland. Accessed via a 1/2 mile dirt track, off a minor road. 1/2 mile to the nearest house, 15 miles from the nearest city, 5 miles from the coast. Lots of goodies in the area including a deep well, old stone pig sty, a WW2 stone bunker and a shipping container.

There are ALOT of animals/creatures and plants that seem to be used to us living here including: deer, rabbit, fox, stoats, hare, pigeon, pheasant, bats, song birds and birds of prey.

Shooting has been a big part in my life so the gun cupboard is filled with a decent arsenal. As well as air rifle, crossbow, compound bow and slingshot.

Currently working on 'getting off the grid' and am looking into wind turbine and photovoltaic sources, with the help of the parents!

Thats the story so far without giving too much away (never know who is watching), looking forward to hearing yours. Will contribute as much as i can!
Quercus-robur

Re: Young Prepper

Post by Quercus-robur »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Qr
Area 9 Coordinator and Resident

'At Spes Infracta'

'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore'.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Welcome......

Ive slowly managed to turn my Dad to the way of thinking... My Mother is less keen and see's it as a waste of money :lol:

Anyways if you have a well get plenty of ways of purifying water you get from it..... If its a bit cloudy cheap filter...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Millbank-Styl ... 2ecac3ee38

then a range of ways to kill any bugs and bacteria.....

Purification tablets... ways to boil it..... or the modern high tech filter bottles (id still millbank the water first if i could to make the "super filter" last longer
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Panther

Post by Panther »

Hi Ruaridh, welcome to the forum.

One of the major concerns and topics for lengthy discussion here is how to find a suitable BOL.
It's obvious from your introduction you have that one completely sown up. What a wonderful position to be in (he said with just a hint of jealousy in his voice.) ;)

Whatever you do, keep your whereabouts a closely guarded secret; you don't want several hundred preppers turning up at your door if ever the shtf :!: :lol:
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
tigs

Post by tigs »

welcome to the forums
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8