new prepper

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
terrytaylor84

new prepper

Post by terrytaylor84 »

Hi guys how are you all. how have you guys been prepping so far and have any of you had to balance being in a relationship with someone who doesnt get the prepper mindset?
pseudonym

Re: new prepper

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
MiniMikey

Post by MiniMikey »

Hello, and welcome :)... Yeah my ex didnt understand it at all... I used to say "Why do you have house insurance? just incase? enough said."
Area 3
tigs

Post by tigs »

welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
NorthernWoody

Post by NorthernWoody »

Welcome!
My husband was very sceptical indeed and all he ever did was make fun of me.

However he understood that I wanted to live like this and is accepting - even more so when we had to rely on my preps when we had a crisis recently.

Safe to say, he is on board now!
Area 10
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

hi.

maybe just say "what if i lose my job or I don't get paid due to the company running out of money in this economy?"
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
terrytaylor84

Post by terrytaylor84 »

what are your thoughts on bugging out, as i think being in the midlands or even in the uk, it is very limiting where you can go being such a small country. I also do not drive and have 2 young kids which makes it even harder.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

terrytaylor84 wrote:what are your thoughts on bugging out, as i think being in the midlands or even in the uk, it is very limiting where you can go being such a small country. I also do not drive and have 2 young kids which makes it even harder.
Some people swear by it, some dont. IMHO, its probably not a good idea unless your house burns down
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Oody

Post by Oody »

Hi Terry,

I have to reply to you, as although I don't know your location, I just have to first of all welcome you, to say hi, and YES I do have a fellow prepper friend who has a wife who just isn't into his passion either. Sorry I'm not the one involved, as I could then speak directly about this; but just for the record that you aren't alone buddy.

My buddy is also very low key, and for good reason. However, he's an active prepper and done much in this over the last couple of years. I'm sort of part way into prepping - though I won't divulge too much detail, for obvious reasons. In face to face meetings I don't mind revealing more; but even then one can't safely share all of one's activity in this direction. The further one goes, the more one comes to understand the implications of being too open, what with Big Brother and all that.

Anyway, pleased to meet you Terry.
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Welcome, hope you find this bunch of amazingly diverse people as helpful and pleasant as I have.
My family all thought I was having a midlife crisis or something. Now as life throws us minor disasters, they are beginning to see the point and as they become more used to my prepping and understand better, they are slowly coming on board. All I can say is don't try and force them, they will or won't get there on their own, just ask that they respect your views.