Who let the Geordie in?!

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
greencloud

Who let the Geordie in?!

Post by greencloud »

Hi all,
I've been lurking for several weeks and picking up some great info (since c5 showed life after armageddon, which got me thinking). I don't pay much attention to the more erm... improbable :roll: theories, but think that there are enough causes of SHTF that can happen almost overnight to make being more self reliant a damn good idea.

I'm a disorganised bugger and with a busy job (number cruncher) and very young family, I don't have much time or cash to prep as much as I'd like to. I do plan though, to have enough set by to live 'off grid' for a few weeks and think on some longer term plans when I get a chance.

Anyway, I've noticed a few of you regulars seem luvverley (and rather knowledgeable) so I'll continue reading regularly and perhaps stump up the odd post if I have something relevant to add (and a few minutes to type it!)

Cheers
:D
Magz

Re: Who let the Geordie in?!

Post by Magz »

Hello, yep! can only do what we can do, but every little bit is better then nothing :)
scoobie

Who let the Geordie in?!

Post by scoobie »

Hey Greencloud, welcome aboard :)
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
Northern Raider

Post by Northern Raider »

What fettle the day Mate, I am nowt but canny hows yerself.
NR
Carrot Cruncher

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

Northern Raider wrote:What fettle the day Mate, I am nowt but canny hows yerself.
NR
Can we have that in english ? :D

Hi Greencloud. Like magz said every little bit helps and lots of preps cost very little or nothing in cash terms.. I'm sure you will find lots of info here.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Canny understan they bliddy sassenachs masell - yed think they'd talk richt like ah kin!
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

Hulloo greencloud. Were you on the old forum? I seem to remember your intro, or maybe it's deja vu?
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

A'reet! :D
greencloud

Post by greencloud »

Thanks for the warm welcome - aye smileyt, I joined only just before the shift and got a bit waylaid. :oops:

NR - I'm ower the moon it's Frida' an' am off graft for a bit!! :D
buttystella

Post by buttystella »

welcome this is a very educational site i have learned a lot and hope you will also.