I’m new hello

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
PeachyPrep

I’m new hello

Post by PeachyPrep »

Hello new here, not entirely new to prepping but I have a lot more to do & learn. I’m female in my mid thirties, living in Norwich & have quite a good food/water/household/backup emergency prep but also looking for ways to be a bit more self sufficient rather than purchasing it all. I’ve been lurking in your forums for a while unregistered but thought I would sign up so I can join in a bit. Nice to meet you.
Arzosah

Re: I’m new hello

Post by Arzosah »

Hello PeachyPrep, welcome! Self sufficiency, even a little of it, is a wonderful aim - exactly my aim too. What are you currently working on with your preps? Soil type, seeds, security, a hotel bag, a car bag if you have a car, you'll know we natter about them all *all* the time :)
jansman

Post by jansman »

Welcome to the forum.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
PeachyPrep

Post by PeachyPrep »

Arzosah wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:19 pm Hello PeachyPrep, welcome! Self sufficiency, even a little of it, is a wonderful aim - exactly my aim too. What are you currently working on with your preps? Soil type, seeds, security, a hotel bag, a car bag if you have a car, you'll know we natter about them all *all* the time :)
I have some veg patches but the soil is awful so I need to get on that. But I’m planning on turning them into raised beds first. So I need to get wood, soil & seeds all in place for spring. Was planning on measuring for wood this weekend but snow has ruined my plan! Also researching long term food preservation, water storage & looking at generators😁
PeachyPrep

Post by PeachyPrep »

jansman wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:43 pm Welcome to the forum.
Thank you😊
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

PeachyPrep wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:13 pm
Arzosah wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:19 pm...we natter about them all *all* the time :)
I have some veg patches but the soil is awful so I need to get on that. But I’m planning on turning them into raised beds first. So I need to get wood, soil & seeds all in place for spring. Was planning on measuring for wood this weekend but snow has ruined my plan! Also researching long term food preservation, water storage & looking at generators😁
Welcome into the light.
There's something just so much better about raised beds. Maybe it's just that it does away with having to break up the rubbish and rubble under my garden.
Loads of info on the forum and you'll find me nattering about dehydrating on and on :)
A key to long term food preservation is to actually use and rotate through your stash.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
PeachyPrep

Post by PeachyPrep »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:22 pm
PeachyPrep wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:13 pm
Arzosah wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:19 pm...we natter about them all *all* the time :)
Welcome into the light.
There's something just so much better about raised beds. Maybe it's just that it does away with having to break up the rubbish and rubble under my garden.
Loads of info on the forum and you'll find me nattering about dehydrating on and on :)
A key to long term food preservation is to actually use and rotate through your stash.
Hi Jenny
I think they will be easier when they’re finally in, I like the look of them too.
I agree my tins are on a good rotation & other boxed goods dated for annual rotation😁
PeachyPrep

Post by PeachyPrep »

pseudonym wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:12 pm Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Hello and thank you😊
Panther

Post by Panther »

Hi there PeachyPrep, and welcome.
You'll find quite a few of us here are in Norfolk. Having said that we're all quite a secretive bunch and (wisely) don't tend to give our locations away.
If it's to do with prepping, whatever you need to know, however trivial or obscure, someone here will be able to help you. They are an amazing group with vast experience and knowledge.
Good luck with your preps.
Panther.
There may be trouble ahead
But while there's moonlight and music
And love and romance
Let's face the music and dance