Hello from north central Hampshire.

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Descender

Hello from north central Hampshire.

Post by Descender »

Hi all.

Just joined the forum. Being prepared, to me, is not being a “doomsday’s” but a sensible precaution.

We see the political landscape changing. The environmental landscape changing. And the socioeconomic landscape changing. So no one can predict what you need to survive in the future. Being prepared is like an insurance policy.

I have skills to use in building, DIY, cooking, first aid but I’m not skilled in the world of prepping.

Really looking forward to learning and sharing with you guys and looking to build a localised support community for “just in case”.
pseudonym

Re: Hello from north central Hampshire.

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum, Descender - you're right, *all* those landscapes are changing, and who knows what the implications will be.

As far as not being skilled in the world of prepping is concerned - the skills you possess are definitely part of prepping, you've got a great start there. Keep going :)
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Descender wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:45 pm I have skills to use in building, DIY, cooking, first aid but I’m not skilled in the world of prepping.

Really looking forward to learning and sharing with you guys and looking to build a localised support community for “just in case”.
Welcome to this great resource.

Don't underestimate yourself. Prepping has many facets: If you can light a fire or if you already always carry a credit card and £20 or if you have a stocked pantry, or if you can feed yourself without a takeaway, then you already exhibit some skills. Just analyse and hone those skills. This pandemic has given us a great dress rehearsal. It's all about thinking just that little bit ahead. Awareness of what might happen and planning for it, sensibly. None of us can prep for everything. Just give yourself some statistical advantage. It's like free insurance.

Many of us are wary of trying community support, because of concerns about OPSEC. Not being the go-to place for helpless neighbours and family.

JJ
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Hullo and welcome! Lots of useful info on here, have good ol nose around the forum. Lots of knowledgeable folk on here.
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)