Greetings from the Midlands

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Exwind

Greetings from the Midlands

Post by Exwind »

Hello Folks
Comparitively new to the prepping community but been a nbp (natural born prepper) for many years and with world events as they are at present found its time to take the advice of the better informed than myself and to offer advice where it may be helpful if it is within my knowledge base.

I have an interest in UK urban prepping and survival as an awful lot of information i have come across over the years assumes vast tracts of wilderness to leg it to in the event of circumstances beyond ones control...which given that i live on a densely populated island is sometimes impractical to say the least .

So hello to members and i hope to be contributing as much as i may be taking

Exw
jansman

Re: Greetings from the Midlands

Post by jansman »

Welcome to UK Preppers.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Hullo and welcome :)

Quite a few folk on here live in built up areas/ rented accommodation or in less than ideal situations so hopefully you will be able to find some useful thoughts on urban prepping. Have a good nose about on the forum. Yes, while quite a few of us may have an interest in bushcraft or older skills, it's the everyday preps such as extra food, ability to cope w/o power or water for a few days and generally being aware and prepared if your situation, both personal or country goes south.
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Hello Exwind, welcome to the forum. You're spot on about urban prepping, the vast majority of us are in that situation. I'd add flooding, winter storms and even crime to the list of potential issues.