New Member!

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
OldPathsPrepper

New Member!

Post by OldPathsPrepper »

Hi All

I live in the South of England, am married with four offspring (some have left home), a dog and two cats. Being an anxious sort I’ve always “prepped” on a small scale to the amusement of friends and family - that said no one has laughed at my extra tins of beans of packets of pasta this year...nor my toilet roll stash 😁. We live in a terraced house, middle house so sadly not one of the bigger gardens, but do have an allotment a 4 mile drive away, a greenhouse in the back garden and some hens for eggs. I cart around a small rucksack rather than a handbag ....containing meds, first aid stuff, multi tool etc - my sons find it embarrassing but it leaves my arms free when carrying stuff like the strimmer up to the allotment or even shopping bags to the car!

Looking forward to learning new things on here !!!

OPP
Arzosah

Re: New Member!

Post by Arzosah »

Wlcome to the forum! Nothing wrong with a little daysack rather than a handbag, done it for years myself :) There's a lot of stuff on here that I hope you'll find of interest - lovely to hear you have hens, that'll be interesting. And toilet roll stashes rule! :lol:
Son Of Andrew

Post by Son Of Andrew »

Welcome!

This year is The Year of The Prepper, and you've definitely come to the right place.
You'll find the folks here friendly, and very helpful.

M.
=0)
Fortune Favours The Prepared.
OldPathsPrepper

Post by OldPathsPrepper »

Thank you both for the welcome!
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Welcome Old Paths Prepper, good to have you onboard. :D
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

welcome, hope you enjoy the forum and find it helpful
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Hullo and Welcome! Your post could almost be me apart apart from the green house and the chooks and I only have 2 kiddies (19 and 21) Though I would like to keep chickens but don't quite have the space for it! And I too have a small rucksack style bag that has all manor of things in and yes it does give you free hand when mooching up to the allotment to carry the strimmer :D or bring back a bag of spuds and beetroots! Enjoy the forum - we are a calm bunch, who are interested in a level of self sufficiency and having a bit extra for those emergencies be it redundancy, power cuts of Covid! Lots of interesting thread - enjoy browsing about.
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)