Liverpool Prepper

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
CAELI Fortis

Liverpool Prepper

Post by CAELI Fortis »

Hi all
I have been preparing my whole life but didn't realise it until a year ago. I learnt survival skills from military means from 1995 but never realised why until early 2019. I am very early stages of spend on this but feel that I have the right mental attitude to make the right decisions with some much needed advice. At the moment I probably have enough food for a family of 6 for 4 months and have 50% of the kit to bug out. However if we need to stay at home then I will be very compromised if water is an issue. My thoughts are constantly with supporting my family and friends but would love to benefit from someone with more expertise than myself. I am a friendly, successful career minded person who wants to ensure I am as prepared as can be in these trying times.
I look forward to hopefully making some like minded friends on here.
I have always lived in a rough area and feel that the most likely situation is having to fend off people from my local area if the worst happens.

Any way, I look forward to conversing with some like minded individuals on here. My name is Eddie and I live in Liverpool, England.
pseudonym

Re: Liverpool Prepper

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
The Green Man

Post by The Green Man »

Hi Welcome,

I’m originally from Liverpool, my family still live in the city.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum ;)
"Simple pleasures maybe, but very real ones, which seem all the more precious in these restless modern days."

'BB' Denys Watkins-Pitchford
Saps

Post by Saps »

Welcome from Austria :)
---
Greetings, Saps!
---
korolev

Post by korolev »

Hello. Welcome. Leeds gave you a scare yesterday, didn't they ?
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Hello Eddie, welcome to the forum. I'm the same as Green Man, originally from Liverpool, living down south now. Still got family north and south of Liverpool, though none in the city itself any more.

You say you live in a rough area - I can think of a few round there, for sure. Your supplies sound like they're going well, how about home security? There's a lot of threads on here about how to get things safer. Though in your situation, I'd definitely think about using a "Grey Man" approach in conjunction with that - not letting people know about your precautions by having your house stand out in the street, that sort of thing.

There's thieving and there's rioting ... Liverpool has had plenty of both: are you in an area where riots might kick off? That can lead to break ins and house fires, you definitely need a bug out plan for that, including a safe way to get out of the property at the other side from where its kicking off (I did that in the London riots back in the 1980s, though I didn't know the term "prepper" then). You need to think about where you might go, as well as the route, and how you might be perceived by the rioters and the security services both.

One thing I don't think people think about enough is proving who they are and where their finances are, as well as how to get in touch with family/ work/ friends/ whoever. That's not just your phone (which should be in a waterproof neck sling or something, there are flood issues too, where I live now anyway). A few flash drives backing up your computer are very light, very safe on a chain round your neck, family documents and family photos both. Birth, marriage and death certificates, nhs number, savings accounts, credit cards - that info. has to be kept ultra safe, but you still need access to it.

Somebody I know had a mob outside their house one night, and a brick through the window the next day - that kind of information precaution can't replace the life you had, and your property, but it can make recovering from the loss a bit easier.

Anyway, you sound like you've already done a ton of stuff, check out info on here for the other elements, its a goldmine.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

korolev wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:43 amLeeds gave you a scare yesterday, didn't they ?
He might be Everton :mrgreen:
Son Of Andrew

Post by Son Of Andrew »

Welcome!

This site's an awesome resource, and I've found the folks here very helpful.
If you're serious about prepping, you'll love it here.

M.
=0)
Fortune Favours The Prepared.
CAELI Fortis

Post by CAELI Fortis »

I am Everton 8-)
Thanks for all the advice. I definately need to sort better home security. Theres a lot of house entries at the moment to get peoples car keys and a lot of scanning of keys. I've got mine in a faraday box but we are paranoid that there will be an entry. x3 houses in my street have been broken into in the last 12 months.
The Green Man

Post by The Green Man »

CAELI Fortis wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:21 am I am Everton 8-)
8-)
COYB
"Simple pleasures maybe, but very real ones, which seem all the more precious in these restless modern days."

'BB' Denys Watkins-Pitchford