Hello

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Girl Friday

Hello

Post by Girl Friday »

Hi all!

I've had a growing interest in prepping for a while now and, as with many I assume, this pandemic has "pushed me over the edge" so to speak! :D

My husband has been a fully paid up prepper for some time while I've resisted going 'all in' preferring instead to focus more on self sufficiency. However, 4 months after we totally locked down due to my husband's health issues we now have a growing food store that gives me that warm fuzzy feeling whenever I look at it (as I often do! :lol: )!

I'm particularly interested in putting up and preserving food myself and hope to find people with similar interests here.

We watch a lot of prepper stuff on YouTube but it's almost all Americans so it'll be nice to get a more British take on things.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Friday x
Son Of Andrew

Re: Hello

Post by Son Of Andrew »

Welcome Girl Friday,

You've def come to the right place. I haven't been here long, but I've found the awesome folks very helpful, and there's loads of awesome info for perusal too... and that warm fuzzy feeling, only gets warmer, and fuzzier!

All the best,
M.
=0)
Fortune Favours The Prepared.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome, Friday - thats great that you've joined in under your own steam. And anyway, self sufficiency and prepperdom are very closely allied. The US and UK versions are fairly different, aren't they, but there's always new skills to be learned wherever we are :)
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Welcome :)
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
Girl Friday

Post by Girl Friday »

Thanks for the welcome guys. So much to look at and read through! :D
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Welcome, sounds as though you've made an excellent start. Plenty of info here on anything and everything, all you have to do is ask, someone will help. I'm with Arsozah, self-sufficency and prepping are close relations and there are people here who know a fair bit about both. Happy prepping to you.
peejay

Post by peejay »

Welcome aboard! I recommend a leisurely stroll through the "What preps are you doing this week" (all 7 parts, starting from part 1!) as it makes fascinating reading and you get to read through a whole timeline & see peoples ideas develop (or not) and what worked (or didn't) etc.

I think it took me a couple of weeks to get through parts 1-5 when I first joined! :)