Hello from the Lake District

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
TonyField

Hello from the Lake District

Post by TonyField »

Hi!
I just joined this forum which looks very interesting. Living in rural Cumbria I have learned from experience to be prepared for days being cut off or without mains electric or water; we get frequent flooding, landslips and occasional snow. But recent news broadcasts has made me worry about being prepared for anything from a bit of civil unrest to complete loss of law and order. It’s no good having a supply of food if a violent mob takes it off you. There’s strength in numbers but the population around here is pretty sparse and mainly elderly – then there’s the question of who to trust.
I’m hoping this forum will help give me advice on how to prepare and possibly even meet up with local like-minded preppers.
Thank you.
hobo

Re: Hello from the Lake District

Post by hobo »

Welcome to the forum!
Hobo
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Welcome .. lovely part of the world until the weather turns :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

TonyField wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:15 pm Hi!
I just joined this forum which looks very interesting. Living in rural Cumbria I have learned from experience to be prepared for days being cut off or without mains electric or water; we get frequent flooding, landslips and occasional snow. But recent news broadcasts has made me worry about being prepared for anything from a bit of civil unrest to complete loss of law and order. It’s no good having a supply of food if a violent mob takes it off you. There’s strength in numbers but the population around here is pretty sparse and mainly elderly – then there’s the question of who to trust.
I’m hoping this forum will help give me advice on how to prepare and possibly even meet up with local like-minded preppers.
Thank you.
Hi and welcome. You'll find lots of interest here, but nothing really about 'defence' of your stores as that is discouraged here. Best defence tactic is to generally be discreet, tell NO-ONE what resources you have and 'go grey'. For that reason, members here tend to prefer anonymity and don't meet up.

Stay safe
JJ
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Welcome TonyField, lots of good info and resources on here so you should find some of the answers you are looking for. You join the forum in interesting times.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Remember the looting mob will only be interested if they can see what they want...

Loose lips sinks ships sort of thing...

"Dave" up the road has a fing cupboard stuffed full of food (down yokle pub sort of thing) from a "mate" that thinks your mad

Word soon gets about.....

However a empty kitchen cupboard or low on stock speaks volumes to a nosey mate....

Do your kickboards pull off? ;)

That Devan bed base usually has a big void between the drawers

The cupboard under the stairs stacked with junk won't draw attention the shelves at the back however can be sagging behind the pile of "crap" ;)
IMG_20180511_191738940_2.jpg

Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

After the wife had used the same cupboard to dump crap in ;)
Screenshot_20200628-230212.png

Raven

Post by Raven »

I love it!

You wife is more on board with your prepper way of life than she let’s on I think Yorkshire Andy!

:lol:
Keep calm & carry on PREPPING :twisted: