New Kid on the block.

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Saint Eligius

New Kid on the block.

Post by Saint Eligius »

Hi all, I'm St Eligius. I am ex forces and would just like to say hello. We live in very uncertain time and being prepared is becoming a common thing nowadays. I live in Newcastle upon Tyne which is really handy as literally as i step out of my door im in green country side. I have acquired skills which can come in really handy during prepping etc. So again i say Hello im looking forward to catching up and chatting to you all.
jennyjj01

Re: New Kid on the block.

Post by jennyjj01 »

Saint Eligius wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:58 am Hi all, I'm St Eligius. I am ex forces and would just like to say hello. We live in very uncertain time and being prepared is becoming a common thing nowadays. I live in Newcastle upon Tyne which is really handy as literally as i step out of my door im in green country side. I have acquired skills which can come in really handy during prepping etc. So again i say Hello im looking forward to catching up and chatting to you all.
Hi, and welcome.
Prepping skills come in all flavours. You'll find this group has a load of informative posts about preparing for the situation we find ourselves in now. Some of us see this lockdown as being a dress rehearsal for something more serious..... Such as a second wave lockdown stretching into winter.
Enjoy your countryside but weigh up whether bugging in is the more likely, if less glamourous scenario than living off the land.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Welcome. I look forward to reading your posts.I'm sure you'll have knowledge to share.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Hiya mate.
Read, discuss, ask... All good preps in themselves.

You REME?
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Saint Eligius

Post by Saint Eligius »

Sorry for really late reply, I've not been very well. Yes I was REME & our patron saint gave me away. :D