Hi all. New member here from the midlands

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Cj@preppers

Hi all. New member here from the midlands

Post by Cj@preppers »

Hi all I’m cj, I’ve been prepping for a while now. Not 100% there yet but hey who is right.
So yeah I was lying in bed yesterday watching Netflix and stumbled across a tv series called doomsday preppers I was like daaaaammmm I didn’t know this stuff was out there.
I thought it was all hush hush. So anyway I searched it and here I am.
I’m a 40 year old male looking for men and women to convers with or even team up to prep with. safety in numbers and all 😉 hit me back peeps let’s be ready
cbp125

Re: Hi all. New member here from the midlands

Post by cbp125 »

Welcome, I don't think we tend to meet up unless for events, usually prepping should be done quietly and descreatly or you will have que's at your door.

I quite liked watching doomday preppers, you can pick up lots from them, even if most of them were crackers! Start small pick up things little by little (not to hard right now with low stocks). Just remember store what you eat and eat what you store. If you start gradually then it soon builds up into quite a stockpile!
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Hello and welcome :)
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Cj@preppers wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:24 am Hi all I’m cj, I’ve been prepping for a while now. Not 100% there yet but hey who is right.
So yeah I was lying in bed yesterday watching Netflix and stumbled across a tv series called doomsday preppers I was like daaaaammmm I didn’t know this stuff was out there.
I thought it was all hush hush. So anyway I searched it and here I am.
I’m a 40 year old male looking for men and women to convers with or even team up to prep with. safety in numbers and all 😉 hit me back peeps let’s be ready
Welcome CJ,
This is probably the most useful UK resource in that it's got a decent cross section of preppers not obsessed with guns. We're a practical bunch, but part of that is anonymity.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome CJ! Great that you've been prepping for a while. Meeting up is often fraught - being discreet is really important, so meetings are very rare. And of course at the moment, lockdown makes it almost impossible. Keep posting, let us get to know you.