Apologies

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
mbbaltic

Apologies

Post by mbbaltic »

I lost my registration for this forum and had to re-register. I think I introduced myself way back when but can't find it so thought I would slink in and say sorry if I was lurking unannounced.

Retired on what is at present a good pension. Have been a prepper since the GFC which scared me as I was working in the City at the time and had a pretty good idea of how close we came to the cash machines not working. In the 10 years since then my children have grown up so my focus shifted to prepping for old age and decrepitude.
cbp125

Re: Apologies

Post by cbp125 »

mbbaltic wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:46 pm old age and decrepitude.
Welcome and I don't think those things are linked, I'm 38 and decrepid already.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome back! I don't think any of us are truly decrepid :mrgreen: in the same way that Captain Tom isn't decrepit, even though he's 100 years old in a fortnight and needs a walker :) The mind is active!

Good to hear you got a good pension, mbbaltic - at present, as you say :shock: its a good waypoint on the prepping journey.
mbbaltic

Post by mbbaltic »

Yes, I think we may be in for a re-run of the 1970s with high inflation reducing pensions to a pittance.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome back to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

mbbaltic wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:18 pm Yes, I think we may be in for a re-run of the 1970s with high inflation reducing pensions to a pittance.
Welcome back. :D

Dont forget the triple lock mbbaltic. 8-)

"The triple lock guarantees that the basic state pension will rise by a minimum of either 2.5%, the rate of inflation or average earnings growth, whichever is largest."

Those of us fortunate enough to have a private scheme are on somewhat less solid ground, probably more like quicksand.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Hiiii !