Hi from London.

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
GillyBee

Re: Hi from London.

Post by GillyBee »

Hi All,

I am within walking difference of the green belt in the South but work in Waterloo Lambeth so commute. We are 4 adults in a 2 bed maisonette with a a garden which makes all the difference.
I suspect half the trouble recently with the overcrowding in the parks is people desperate to escape their tiny flats especially with kids in tow.
One benefit for me is regaining several hours commuting time each day with the switch to work from home.
Most of the staff I manage seem to be coping. Only one is going stir crazy but he was starting from low base. Some are isolating and working from home, others class as key workers and travel about. We are minimising visits but can't avoid them all.
The shock is how quiet it is now. Even in daytime, the permanent background noise of planes and cars is gone. I keep waking up at night and just listening to the total quiet.
Thankfully our neighbours here are not into loud music all day or I think we would be up for 20 years.
There seem to be a lot of people who are ill. About 1/4 of my team have needed a week or two off work but without testing no-one really knows if this is covid or something else. I don't know anyone seriously ill myself but do have colleagues who have lost family or have them in the ICU.
I have noticed that almost everyone sick from my team was a big user of public transport while the car users are mostly OK. Suspect shutting down TFL might have been a wise idea.