New to Prepping

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Broncos

New to Prepping

Post by Broncos »

Hi all

My Name is Dave, I live in Plymouth, I'm new to prepping, I always wanted to prep but never got to it despite having an interest for the past 15 years.

My personal situation at the moment is ideal for me to go ahead and prepare for what ever lies ahead.

I'm a very realistic person and look forward to learning more.
Arzosah

Re: New to Prepping

Post by Arzosah »

Hello Dave, welcome to the forum - its a good time to get more into prepping, thats for sure! Chip in any time, or let us know on your thread what you're working on.
Broncos

Post by Broncos »

Thanks will do...

At the moment I'm considering in kitting out a campervan - will change it to the way I need for maximum effectiveness. A big project but will keep me busy.

I will live in it to see how I can make things better and asses storage needs.

A wake up call for me was this COVID outbreak, I was semi confident the people I live with would adopt to the changing circumstances but I was proven wrong. This is a worry for me and wish to rectify this issue but what I witnessed was more self preservation within the household and people were not working together.

I wish to solo here on.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Broncos wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:37 pm At the moment I'm considering in kitting out a campervan - will change it to the way I need for maximum effectiveness. A big project but will keep me busy.

I will live in it to see how I can make things better and asses storage needs.

A wake up call for me was this COVID outbreak, I was semi confident the people I live with would adopt to the changing circumstances but I was proven wrong. This is a worry for me and wish to rectify this issue but what I witnessed was more self preservation within the household and people were not working together.

I wish to solo here on.
Hi, and welcome.
Note recent news items about how townies were rejected or even turned around as they tried to take their RVs to remote locations.
At the heart of prepping is a super selfish attention to your own needs, or maybe just you and a very few loved ones. You have to be prepared to fend for yourself and share little or nothing with those who would mock your prepping. It's a tough mindset, especially if things get tough to starvation levels. For that reason you need to keep your prepping super secret in the face of an urge to say you are prepared to family and friends. Your friends might happily club you to death, take your rations and even eat you if the alternative was starvation. Seriously.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong