Hello from Lancashire

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
picalily11

Hello from Lancashire

Post by picalily11 »

Hello everyone

I am a professional woman in my 40,s and I have always known it is crucial to have some form of back up plan no matter how small. I have never been a member of a forum like this before but in light of recent events, i feel i need to up my game, get more prepared, learn and implement redundancy plan upon redundancy plan.

I have grown my own herbs and veg for a few years now. I study herbalism for natural remedies and recently taking a further interest in botany.

Im no expert and I dont personally know of any other preppers but I would like to connect, collaborate and learn, plan and prep with others of like mind.

Cheers
pseudonym

Re: Hello from Lancashire

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)

Firstly have a good read before diving head first into a lifestyle change.

Store what you eat/eat what you store.

If you can cook look at individual items rather than the finished one, i.e. no bread in stores but plenty of yeast sugar and flour to make your own.

Try to stock up on medications you/family use both OTC and prescription.

Never forget comfort items whether that's chocolate, alcohol or a good book.

DO NOT PANIC, there is always time and always things you can do to make your life easier.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Hello picalily, welcome to the forum. Plenty of women on here, and plenty interested in herbalism, and even more interested in growing veg. Which herbs do you favour, in particular? I'm a big fan of winter savory, I've heard it helps with the digestive pressure of eating beans!
picalily11

Post by picalily11 »

Good evening.
Many thanks for your warm welcomes and replies. Iv been busy today making lists and researching various methods of growing veges, crop rotation and general learning of natural ways of soil fertilization and other bits and bobs.

Gonna crack on now with reading the other threads and learning, planning and implementing.

oxo