Glad to be back

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
butwherestherum

Glad to be back

Post by butwherestherum »

After a long haitus the S seems to have HTF. I never completed my prep of 2014. I have 10 x 40 litre containers of prep stored in mylar with oxygen scourers. Oats, lentils, TVP, long term meats, Honey, pasta rice, powdered milk, sugar, spices, flavourings plus much more etc(I have a big list including last minute panic buy items which bloody iCloud won't let me upload right now). You know the score.

I was generally prepping for SHTF. Well I failed. No toilet paper or hand sanitiser. I think... At least here in the semi rural north east there's time for a top up prep before the worst of it hits us.

My last minute panic list is largely short term items, fats, oils, butter, Long life milk (If available), potatoes onions flour and as many tinned meats as I can buy

So. To my experienced prepper brethren. I appreciate your input. Please could you suggest

P.S full disclosure. I am f*cked. My wife is a PICU nurse whose recently completed full L4 biocontainment training and already nursed Covid-19 in one of the infectious diseases ward, so basically its coming for us likely via PICU no matter what the Gov says. I've known for the last 9 years she is a primary vector. Well, now its here.
jennyjj01

Re: Glad to be back

Post by jennyjj01 »

Hi, Welcome back,
Suggest cooking oil, flour and a full freezer of meat and some cheese: Everything is better fried in batter (plenty kCals) and we might just be lucky enough to keep freezers running well into this crisis.
Oh and if lots of stock is from 2014, do some sampling. I found ALL my 2018BBE Tomato puree was spoiled. We all need to have tomato puree.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong