Hello from the West Midlands!

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
andy

Hello from the West Midlands!

Post by andy »

Hello Survivors!

I'm Andy, I'm in my early 30's and currently located in *puts on Peaky Blinders accent* Bur-min-uhm! (aka Birmingham).

This intro post is probably going to end up being a long one, but here goes...

I've been interested in prepping for a couple of years now, doing the usual reading up on guides, watching preppers on Youtube (although I only generally find US preppers, any UK ones you can suggest would be really great!), watching Doomsday Preppers, plotting out scenarios in your head... as you do. But I've really been getting into physically prepping since April last year after moving into my own home with the wife.

I still vividly remember in our old house when I sneakily ordered 4x 5-litre bottles of water in the Morrisons online shop and the misses finding it hidden away in the house, questioning why the hell have I bought "all this water"?!? :lol:

Luckily, over time and especially since moving house she's become a lot more understanding about prepping and with events such as Corona I feel as though she sees the benefits a lot more now that a potential real risk has presented itself. She's the one telling me to buy more preps, "just in case"! - so I take that as a positive lol.

Anyway, when we moved into our new home... can you guess what we found hidden away in the garden on the day we received the keys??? ... an Anderson (air-raid) shelter. Surely this was proof that prepping definitely is the way to go :tinfoil It's really tiny and would barely fit a single bed in there, and the door is old, battered and made of wood but I guess it could be used for supplies.

I thought that it would be great to finally get chatting with other preppers and even see if we have anyone else local to us for added future-proofing.

Great to meet you all!
Andy.
Last edited by andy on Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
bobble

Re: Hello from the West Midlands!

Post by bobble »

Hi Andy, welcome! You sound like you've covered a lot of stuff in quite a short time! 🙂
Deeps

Re: Hello from the West Midlands!

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum Andy, you seem to have things sorted, good for you. Hope you enjoy the forum.