are you planning to hunker down to avoid ppl contact due to covirus

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Itsallgood

are you planning to hunker down to avoid ppl contact due to covirus

Post by Itsallgood »

What's your plans lemme know as I'm interested if anyone else is doing a last shop. For awhile
Deeps

Re: are you planning to hunker down to avoid ppl contact due to covirus

Post by Deeps »

Certainly for now, nothing has changed here at Casa Deeps. I'm not saying that if given a heads up I wouldn't want to go out and top up with a few essentials like more red wine but apart from that its business as usual.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

We're in seige mode here, holed up and stocked up. But that's more or less normal for us, because we live remote and don't often go anywhere in winter. I did three big Costco shops in the last two weeks.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Got to work. End of.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

My elderly Father is in several at risk categories and needs shopping, so it's down to me. I'm only in two at risk categories :lol:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

The projected length of the crisis means shopping still has to be done, and my son will still have to go to work, other than that we should minimize contact with others, this is like Russian Roulette - only with greater odds of getting shot, and lesser odds of dying, imagine your revolver has 6 chambers in the worst case scenario they mentioned yesterday 5 of them have rounds in as far a getting it goes, nut you'd need 100 cylinders and only one loaded to be killed, depending how "at risk" you are.
I am not confident that we as a family of 5 will come through unscathed, due to weakened immune systems, and believe our odds of getting it slightly less ( because we are being careful) and will lock down more by online shopping and going at quieter times as the peak comes through, but if we do get it in the house I reckon we all will, and I think our odds of all getting through it alive are a fair bit lower.

Another thought for those of us with elderly friends or family is to think seriously about their chances, perhaps give them a ring more often than you would, there are people I haven't spoken to for years and I may regret that in the coming months.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

We've been tucked up for over a month already. Easier for us being retired.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Sadly self employed wife has lost her income for the foreseeable due to corona virus so I shall be doing the opposite to hunkering down and will be taking on more work.
andy

Post by andy »

It's still a little early to hunker down imo, I'm guessing at least another two weeks until the virus really spreads and takes effect.

As far as shopping goes, over the last couple of weeks we've been doing slightly bigger shops than normal. And now we're just trying to top up anything we use and not actually use/go below what we currently have stashed.

It'll be interesting to see if the shops can restock quick enough, there's a big Tesco's near me and over the last fortnight (have been in at least twice a week) they've had no toilet roll, paracetamol, pasta, hand wash/gel and only half-full shelves of tinned produce.