Noob from London

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Alernium

Noob from London

Post by Alernium »

Hello,

I hope that you are all doing well. I shall introduce myself.

I have always lived in London but have a call to the wild. A year or so ago, I finally admitted that I know nothing, I didn't know the trees, how to find food,
purify water, the list goes on but it woke me up to the fact that if the SHTF, I'd be on a very steep learning curve. Another thing, I became utterly bored, even though I am pretty successful in my artistic career.

So I am enrolled on a 2 year bushcraft course and starting to make things that are useful. The people I have met in the woods have been amazingly kind, patient and generous, I appreciate tools now and I grow stuff.
Mainly my prepping has been focussed on knowledge and tools with a bit of practical prepping, storage of food, water and purification. I have also just started to study for my Ameteur radio license.

Although art is important and is a sign of a civilised society, I am glad I have started learning the basics at the very heart of civilisation. I joined this group to learn, meet like minded people and generally chat to others that may understand why I think the way I do.

I seem to have babbled on a bit.

All the best

AL
pseudonym

Re: Noob from London

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. There is a lot of natural crossover between Bushcraft and Prepping. That's how I started. :D
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welctome to the forum , you seem to have an idea of what works for you. enjoy the forum.
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

Welcome, another radio ham here, M0 good luck with your studies and hope to here you on the air (I'm from Kent)