Introheregoes

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Sandy2020

Introheregoes

Post by Sandy2020 »

Hi all my names sandy im a long time prepper less focused on the crazy aspects and more on the mundane side of things... like the rossendale valley where i live always flooding... unemployment due to ill health affecting my income & yet another possible pandemic not to boot all the other extreme weather events going on around the world... i thought id join this site to get sum tips on growing my own veggies and canning them myself.. so thats the intro done im looking forward to reading the forums ty :)
Deeps

Re: Introheregoes

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum Sandy, hope you find lots of useful stuff here, I have.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

Hi

Welcome, and I'll reply to the food things, for tips on growing your own food, I'd suggest getting an allotment, then finding the oldest and longest serving plot holder and just copy what they do. I like Real Seeds, they do a fab range of heritage seeds with goos guides. I am very interested in canning, but the price of the jars put me off, I use a 9 tray excaliber dehydrator instead, it will proccess vast volumes of food for long term storage very quickly, I have 7kg of potatoes drying now... Good luck
Charli
Sandy2020

Post by Sandy2020 »

Ty all looking forward to gaining more info
raz

Post by raz »

Welcome to the forum... plenty of self reliance and homesteading info to read through :D