Hi I'm a new newbie.help

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Mac

Hi I'm a new newbie.help

Post by Mac »

:D
Hi guys and gals..new to this site so be gentle with me.just started to prep in the last six months, have been building up stock of crossbow,air gun and uk legal knives,rucksacks,boots and clothing..maybe there not any good.so now I'm stuck for all the survival needs.
Any help appreciated.
jennyjj01

Re: Hi I'm a new newbie.help

Post by jennyjj01 »

Mac wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:35 pm :D
Hi guys and gals..new to this site so be gentle with me.just started to prep in the last six months, have been building up stock of crossbow,air gun and uk legal knives,rucksacks,boots and clothing..maybe there not any good.so now I'm stuck for all the survival needs.
Any help appreciated.
Hi, and welcome.
You'll probably get another reminder, but weapon talk is out of bounds here.
My suggestion is to visualise the little things that you CAN prep for, rather than getting prepped for a zombie apocalypse. A few extra loo rolls and tins of food might be useful in any incident. Crossbows are somewhat restricted in their usefulness (though I bought one}

See here http://www.uk-preppers.co.uk/forum/view ... ?f=9&t=817
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, as Jenny says, you'll maybe find food, water and bog roll quite useful in most situations and you're more likely to need to leave your house for a flood or fire than to fight off the zombie hordes. Have a nose around the different sections of the forum and see what catches your eye.

What are your prepping priorities Mac ?
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum, Mac - I notice you didn't mention food at all in the things you've been getting together recently ... having a think about what you like, and finding a shelf-stable way of preparing that, might be a good way forward.
unsure

Post by unsure »

hello and welcome .
as been said , you never mentioned food . or water .
if you have these , have you considered how your going to cook or at the least warm them enough to eat .
how about keeping warm .
a little exercise for you , if you can .
throw the main breaker for 24 hours and see how you do . it will give you some pointers as to what is really important when the power goes off .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

unsure wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:35 pm hello and welcome .
as been said , you never mentioned food . or water .
if you have these , have you considered how your going to cook or at the least warm them enough to eat .
how about keeping warm .
a little exercise for you , if you can .
throw the main breaker for 24 hours and see how you do . it will give you some pointers as to what is really important when the power goes off .
While I've never 'thrown the switch', its a good idea to see how you would cope without facilities, if you turn off the water and gas too it can show you exactly where you are. We all have our own take on what prepping is but surviving for 24 hours in your own gaff should be pretty high on the list. Not saying you can't by the way Mac.