Greetings from wet & 'orrible Manchester i suppose...

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Tarrin_Kael

Greetings from wet & 'orrible Manchester i suppose...

Post by Tarrin_Kael »

So....who/why/where:

Why:/What
Essentially I'm a nosy parker from another UK prepping forum, who stumbled across this place whilst looking at nCov info.
I originally planned to lurk, but saw something "interesting" and was told I had to post an introduction before i can ask questions.

Who:
- Obviously not called Tarrin Kael; the name belongs to a character created by one of my favourite authors, James Galloway. I have being using it as my default screen name for a while now.
I'm an engineer, working in the rail industry.

Where:
Manchester

Regards, T-K
Arzosah

Re: Greetings from wet & 'orrible Manchester i suppose...

Post by Arzosah »

That raises more questions than it answers :mrgreen: but, um, welcome! What is it thats interesting you?
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, hope you find plenty useful stuff.
MaxPrep

Post by MaxPrep »

Hi TK,

I'm Max, in London until i can escape. What is the other forum you'r on?
Lone

Post by Lone »

T-K

Not been here long myself, but I’m interested to know what you find so interesting, I guess obviously being something you’ve not seen covered on another forum(s).

The fact that you joined to ask questions about it is quite intriguing...
Tarrin_Kael

Post by Tarrin_Kael »

Lone wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:28 pm T-K
Not been here long myself, but I’m interested to know what you find so interesting, I guess obviously being something you’ve not seen covered on another forum(s).
The fact that you joined to ask questions about it is quite intriguing...
MaxPrep wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:59 pm Hi TK,
I'm Max, in London until i can escape. What is the other forum you'r on?
Arzosah wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:50 am That raises more questions than it answers :mrgreen: but, um, welcome! What is it thats interesting you?
In no particular order....

"What is the other forum you'r on?"
Other forum is www.p2s-prepared2survive.co.uk - you may recognise one or two of the screen names over there from on here.

"What is it thats interesting you?"
The first posts in this thread:http://www.uk-preppers.co.uk/forum/view ... 45&t=16604
Having cross-posted the info and a link, another member with family connections to MedTree wasn't able to get confirmation that this is officially happening from his contacts; i'm therefore interested to find out which company(s) said this, and which area this was, as other retailers - at least those with stock - still seem to be selling. I'm mostly interested to see if there's any geographic correlation with known cases/isolation facilities nearby - more info to feed into the tracker map that is being rigged up. (Here, in case you are interested: https://covid19.lewdewe.com/)