Hi all

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Raven

Re: Hi all

Post by Raven »

Hi Cupid_Stunt!

Hope you find the forum useful with ideas etc. Any questions please feel free to ask! :D

I'm sure you'll bring useful info/ a good point of view for things with your previous experience. Is there anything happen to you /happening atm, that made you think you need to be prepared?

I think it may take slightly longer than a week though. People will be ore resourceful and desperate. Maybe two weeks, if the STHF well and truly like you've seen elsewhere. :?

Anyway I hope you have fun - Raven out!
Keep calm & carry on PREPPING :twisted:
Lone

Post by Lone »

I’ve only been here a short time, shoestring Budget prepper (sort of), well behind many here it seems with equipment, supplies, etc., but thinking on these terms is something I guess, than ignoring possibilities arising that you don’t need to hit the ground running, having nothing ready.

Interesting username, must admit had to look twice but with my specs on...I’m guilty of typo errors...so if chatting with you mind if I call you something else, quicker to write too ?

Q instead of Cupid say... :D
Cupid_Stunt

Post by Cupid_Stunt »

@ Jansman - all noted.
Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not all out to get me
bobble

Post by bobble »

Hiya Cupid Stunt, with your knowledge and training, looks like you will have the edge over a lot of people on here, us included! Hope we can help you in some ways! 🙂
Cupid_Stunt

Post by Cupid_Stunt »

For those bemused by the tag name - try googling "Cupid Stunt and Kenny Everett"
It's a 1970's thing.
:)
Cupid_Stunt

Post by Cupid_Stunt »

Raven wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:22 am Hi Cupid_Stunt!

Hope you find the forum useful with ideas etc. Any questions please feel free to ask! :D

I'm sure you'll bring useful info/ a good point of view for things with your previous experience. Is there anything happen to you /happening atm, that made you think you need to be prepared?

I think it may take slightly longer than a week though. People will be ore resourceful and desperate. Maybe two weeks, if the STHF well and truly like you've seen elsewhere. :?

Anyway I hope you have fun - Raven out!
Morning Raven,
not preparing for anything in particular, as it won't take much to tip us over the edge. It might be anything from another petrol tanker drivers strike, to another Brexit pfaff. All I have done is to put measures in place to ensure that we have the food, water, comms and fuel (with options) in place to last a week or two. Only once the dust has settled will we raise our heads above the parapet, so to speak. Those who similarly appear at that point will be like-minded individuals and will most likely be worth carefully engaging with. I have already identified local dentists and doctors who may also be approached at the appropriate time, so we can fill that skills and knowledge gap (whilst I have first aid training, I'm no doctor, and remember people used to die from tooth infections). Rant off :geek:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Cupid_Stunt wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:19 am Morning again to all, thanks for the welcome.
I don't tend to subscribe to the zombie apocalypse-end of the market, but having seen at first hand (elsewhere in the world) how quickly things can deteriorate when the snowflakes aren't able to get their iced-frappatino-latte-whatever when they want, how they want, I'm well aware that most of the "sheeple" out there have truly no idea how fragile our society is, given that most supermarkets only tend to carry 3 days stock at any one time. I therefore concentrate on having mitigations in place to ensure that my family survive the situation for the first 7 days (regardless of what caused "it" in the first place) - after 7 days, Darwinian selection will have thinned people out a bit, and certainly those without plans for drinking water won't have survived much beyond 3 days.
Can we not refer to the general populus as 'sheeple' please. Thank you.
MaxPrep

Post by MaxPrep »

Why? It's so apt a lot of the time...
Cupid_Stunt

Post by Cupid_Stunt »

itsybitsy wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:43 am
Cupid_Stunt wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:19 am Morning again to all, thanks for the welcome.
I don't tend to subscribe to the zombie apocalypse-end of the market, but having seen at first hand (elsewhere in the world) how quickly things can deteriorate when the snowflakes aren't able to get their iced-frappatino-latte-whatever when they want, how they want, I'm well aware that most of the "sheeple" out there have truly no idea how fragile our society is, given that most supermarkets only tend to carry 3 days stock at any one time. I therefore concentrate on having mitigations in place to ensure that my family survive the situation for the first 7 days (regardless of what caused "it" in the first place) - after 7 days, Darwinian selection will have thinned people out a bit, and certainly those without plans for drinking water won't have survived much beyond 3 days.
Can we not refer to the general populus as 'sheeple' please. Thank you.
Already covered courtesy of Jansman, yesterday, thanks- see below.....

Good morning.Nice to see where you are coming from.

Just a heads-up,and me with my moderator hat on ( I am not having a go). UK Preppers is not like other prepping sites.whilst we all know that the general populace is blissfully unaware,we tend not to use the term ' sheeple'. We get slagged off by similar sites for being respectful and polite in all areas,but that's how we rock.Thanks.

In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Thank you. :roll:
Lone

Post by Lone »

Not ‘heard’ the name Kenny Everett for years and years...is it that long ago ? Feeling a bit old now.

My concern was for typing errors on my part, or even the auto correct saying something else not being the Everett comedy character...didn’t want to offend you by thinking I did it deliberately.

‘Q’ seemed safer...that’s a Bond character right...or is it ‘M’.

I digress...I kinda got reprimanded at the get-go too...disagreed with a member before anyone getting a chance to know me and me them...too used to the US Forums, where they appear to be distrusting of new members...didn’t bother me though, as I’m distrusting of everybody anyway...so kindred spirits in a way.

Not sure on those other forums, that they realised new members would be wary of forum-veterans, on some occasions though, I did get a feeling some jumped around the net for answers to questions or ideas, not exactly letting it be known they were actually to be found on the net, not necessarily their own thoughts.

Enough forum experiences though, they can be spotted quite quickly.

Yep...you can tell why my username is ‘Lone’...everybody is a stranger ! ;)