Prepper Expos?

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
MaxPrep

Prepper Expos?

Post by MaxPrep »

I was looking for any prepper expos this year, i have had a look online and i can't see any. Does anyone know of if that is a thing in Britain or is it mainly a US thing?
Prep007

Re: Prepper Expos?

Post by Prep007 »

I haven't heard of anything but would absolutely be keen to attend something like this if there was one.
Raven

Post by Raven »

MaxPrep wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:13 pm I was looking for any prepper expos this year, i have had a look online and i can't see any. Does anyone know of if that is a thing in Britain or is it mainly a US thing?
Prep007 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:29 pm I haven't heard of anything but would absolutely be keen to attend something like this if there was one.
Hey guys, it depends what you are looking for. Dedicated prepper expo's I haven't been able to find any. But there are other events that might be of interest or help depending on what you are looking for. :)

This subject seems to crop up quite a bit and in different topic sections, so have a read around.

So what were you hoping to get out of a prepping event?

Also check out: http://survivalshow.uk/ and https://www.ambitionexpouk.com/
Keep calm & carry on PREPPING :twisted:
Prep007

Post by Prep007 »

Hi Raven,

Thanks for the links, both of those events look good and I think I'll sign up for the off-grid one, particularly keen to attend the workshops.

I'm keen to look at learning new skills and also seeing equipment in use that I probably havent thought of. Would also be great to be around like minded people, I'm quite sure my boyfriend thinks I have lost the plot with my recent prepping 😂

If I find any other events I'll share them here too 🙂
Raven wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:52 pm
MaxPrep wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:13 pm I was looking for any prepper expos this year, i have had a look online and i can't see any. Does anyone know of if that is a thing in Britain or is it mainly a US thing?
Prep007 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:29 pm I haven't heard of anything but would absolutely be keen to attend something like this if there was one.
Hey guys, it depends what you are looking for. Dedicated prepper expo's I haven't been able to find any. But there are other events that might be of interest or help depending on what you are looking for. :)

This subject seems to crop up quite a bit and in different topic sections, so have a read around.

So what were you hoping to get out of a prepping event?

Also check out: http://survivalshow.uk/ and https://www.ambitionexpouk.com/
MaxPrep

Post by MaxPrep »

Thanks for the links and info guys. I'm also looking for some workshops, also a bit of a comparison between other more experienced preppers.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

MaxPrep wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:20 am Thanks for the links and info guys. I'm also looking for some workshops, also a bit of a comparison between other more experienced preppers.
Have a look on youtube etc for some inspiration mate, best to put 'UK' in front of things if you're going to look at bugout bags or EDC etc otherwise you get a half hour vid with about 25 minutes telling you why their gun(s) are the best.

If you're looking for more mundane stuff like gardening or other projects its also handy. Same for bushcrafty stuff etc, prepping covers a lot of bases and we don't all have the same issues or interests so break down what you're looking for, if you're looking to (for example) build a wee off grid solar set up then you don't need to be coming from a prepper angle, there are people doing stuff that have maybe never heard the term.

Apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs.
MaxPrep

Post by MaxPrep »

Not at all, that's all good advice mate thank you.

As much as i'd love the choice on which store to go to for the best gun alas we can't.

My bush-craft and general outdoor survival both need work....Lots of it. This summer i'm going to get my rear in gear and resolve that.

I'm trying to work out not only the best 3 bug out routes out of East London but also.....Where would i go, what safe port, it's not as though i have some hidden compound or patch of land i can just go and put up a tent :lol: . This is today's problem solving for me. Wish me luck. 8-)
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

MaxPrep wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:41 am Not at all, that's all good advice mate thank you.

As much as i'd love the choice on which store to go to for the best gun alas we can't.

My bush-craft and general outdoor survival both need work....Lots of it. This summer i'm going to get my rear in gear and resolve that.

I'm trying to work out not only the best 3 bug out routes out of East London but also.....Where would i go, what safe port, it's not as though i have some hidden compound or patch of land i can just go and put up a tent :lol: . This is today's problem solving for me. Wish me luck. 8-)
I know in Ingerland that wild camping is a bit iffy, probably even more so in the more populous areas like um... London. :lol: Don't get too bogged down with the survival stuff, unless its something you want to do. I like to keep my hand in playing with ferro rods and birch bark but when I'm out I don't dick around and break out the lighter as my go to.

Fair play with the bug out routes you never know I suppose but as soon as you leave your home you're basically a refugee unless you have somewhere to go. There's no right answer, its not like most of us can turn our house into a fortress but staying at home is very much my preferred options if things go seriously Pete Tong. I know the area and the neighbours and I like my gaff, partly because I've got a lot of handy stuff in it.

Good luck with your conundrum and your prepping in general mate.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

MaxPrep wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:41 amI'm trying to work out not only the best 3 bug out routes out of East London but also.....Where would i go, what safe port, it's not as though i have some hidden compound or patch of land i can just go and put up a tent :lol: . This is today's problem solving for me. Wish me luck. 8-)
Good luck! Do think about what Deeps wrote, and what I think you're realising - that once you leave your own place, without a destination in mind, you're a refugee. But you probably also need to think about "bug home" routes - after all, you don't hang around your own place 24/7, you're out and about, in other central areas, in suburbs, in other towns, at the seaside for the day, whatever. Even your place of work :mrgreen: How would you get home? What route would you take? What problems might you face on the way?

As far as workshops for learning skills: check out meetup.com, there are people who run first aid courses, foraging courses, woodland walks, all sorts of things.
jansman

Post by jansman »

There is a rather good little book,uk based that I guess you can buy on Amazon still ( kindle ). Its called,' Getting Home In An Emergency ',by Jay Whitely.Very low key,but very common sense.My own get- home strategy was inspired by it.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.