New comer.

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Raven

Re: New comer.

Post by Raven »

General DeGaulle wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:18 am
EDIT: It has to be the real stuff. None of your 'Mellow Birds' or 'Nescaf' etc etc.
Nescaf isn't real coffee? :shock: what IS real coffee? :?

There may be a whole other world out there for me to experience....
Keep calm & carry on PREPPING :twisted:
General DeGaulle

Post by General DeGaulle »

Hmmm... Assuming you're not pulling my leg, any ground coffee is fine, but my personal favourite is 'Rich Italian' by Taylors of Harrogate. I've heard it said that getting actual coffee beans and grinding them yourself immediately prior to brewing up gives you the best health benefits (Coffee is officially 'good for you'. Again.) But I think any coffee will give you the bronchodilatory effect if your asthmatic and getting a bit short breathed.

Even Nescaf!
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

My two pennies worth - yes, coffee is a recognised broncho dilator but somewhat bizarrely you'd be best off drinking instant coffee of some description as opposed to freshly ground coffee as the instant will have a "manufactured" level of caffeine in it, the freshly ground will be much more variable.
Or keep some pro-plus in your preps.
Raven

Post by Raven »

General DeGaulle wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:09 pm Hmmm... Assuming you're not pulling my leg, any ground coffee is fine,
I assure you I was genuinely quite baffled that Nescaf wasn't "real coffee".

I see what you mean now, I was overthinking it - not so worried I was missing something most of my life! lol :lol:
Keep calm & carry on PREPPING :twisted: