Hi from South Wales

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
jenkinstein

Hi from South Wales

Post by jenkinstein »

New to the site today, been prepping since I was a kid. Hope to learn new ideas and pass on my own experiences.

I "bugged out" for two months when SHTF in my personal life back in 2013... cheated though had a landrover converted to a camper then a motorhome in a field for a month.

I've always got my "zombie plan" in the back of my mind, but more day to day stuff tends to be ensuring I have food, water shelter and can I get me the kids and the misses home no matter what the day throws at me / them.
Arzosah

Re: Hi from South Wales

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum :)

Erm, I'd call a landrover converted to a camper a Jolly Sensible Thing :lol: not cheating! Good for you. And yes, no zombies on here (except in fiction recs. possibly) its the day to day stuff that actually catches you out. What are the particular issues in your neck of the woods?
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, lots of useful stuff on here. Look forward to more info on the converted Landy, sounds intriguing.
jenkinstein

Post by jenkinstein »

Biggest issues I can foresee are generally weather events, wind and rain cause disruption fairly regular. I work an hour away from home by car on a good day. There is motorway nearly door to door, but that grid locks in an instant when something happens. The not so main roads are very susceptible to flooding / downed trees etc. Snow has been interesting the last couple of winters, certainly not a show stopper so far with a Landrover at hand.

Had the Landrover Defender for ten years. If I am expecting "trouble" I'll take that... at any given time I can be self sufficient from that for about a week before needing to source supplies. The other car was a volvo but recently had a smash that wrote it off so replaced it for the misses with a Landrover Discovery. We got two kids and third is due early next year.

To complement the Landrover I'm currently ongoing with an offroad camping trailer, but progress is slow on that one.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Sounds like you are pretty well clued up, living in a nice part of the country and have some great vehicles. (Feeling a bit jealous about the Landies, we have been without one for a few years now....... so off to drool over Ebay Motors.) Welcome to the forum. :D
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
GolfDeltaTwelve

Post by GolfDeltaTwelve »

Greetings, also from south wales :D

Sounds like you have been having a blast, and teaching the young uns the right way no doubt!