Hello from Home Hardener

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
HomeHardener

Hello from Home Hardener

Post by HomeHardener »

Hi all and good morning,
I’m new to the forum, I’ve always been a prepper at heart, a scout from a young age, ex police officer, outdoorsman, my minds a sponge for useful information.

My recent purchase of my first home for myself, three dogs and pregnant girlfriend has pushed me further.

I’ve had a go bag for around a year now and my girlfriend laughs at me (nobody else really knows about it) but I know it’ll be useful one day, it’s still basic for now whilst I wait to fill it with the right gear as oppose to a bag bursting from the seams with useless crap.

I’m 26 and I have to say I’ve never really met anything of my age group that is also a prepper, not that preppers openly advertise themselves for obvious reasons.

With the purchase of my new house I can now use this space and start to prep in a way I’ve always wanted but never had the space before.

I don’t really have in mind what I’m prepping for, weather there will be a SHTF scenario in my lifetime I think could be unlikely but never say never, better to be prepared and never need to be ay!

Having read some posts I can see your all friendly folk and I look forward to being a part of this community

Thanks
James
@Homehardening_uk
itsybitsy

Re: Hello from Home Hardener

Post by itsybitsy »

Hello and welcome. :)
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the new home and the baby! "SHTF" is a moveable feast - if you got flooded by a river bursting its banks, that would feel like shtf, it doesn't have to be a breakdown of all society by any means. Go bag is a great first prep, have a think about a "get home" bag too. Otherwise, the headings on the forum itself will give you ideas, and the "tell us what you're doing right now" thread (I forget the right name, sorry) is brilliant for telling you what people are doing right now.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Home supplies

Water! Lots of water especially if you wind up bottle feeding

Alternative cooking equipment camping stove to boil water

Chemical sterilisation solutions (Milton's)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
HomeHardener

Post by HomeHardener »

Thanks for all your reply’s!
I will try to do my part to contribute to the forum where I can!
@Homehardening_uk
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.