New

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
clanlomax

New

Post by clanlomax »

Hello all,
Just to introduce myself here is a few items about me. My first name is Brett, i am an ex forces member after 10 yrs in the Royal Artillery , I live in London and am married with 2 grown up children. Been dabbling with prepping and bush craft for awhile but nothing serious ,lazy , not committed enough , not knowledgeable enough an such. However with the state this country is getting into it is past time to get things in order and start to get ready for the inevitable . Would gratefully accept any advice and guidance from more experienced people as i feel it is way past time to become more committed and prepared . Thank you all for having me and hope to learn a lot form your good selves .
Brett.......
hobo

Re: New

Post by hobo »

Welcome Brett! Get stuck in - there’s loads to go at here.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome Brett :) what hobo said, really. What do you consider the dangers in your area are? Check out the Greater London resilience, and your own borough's too. Might be flooding, in some boroughs, quite severe. But mostly, have a look through this forum and see what rings a bell. And keep on posting :)
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the form mate, as already said, figure out what your personal priorities are and work towards that. Water, food and shelter being your basics, even topping up the 2L juice bottles or whatever will do, have a nose round the various fourms and there's loads of advice, if you know what it is YOU AND YOURS are prepping for its a good starting point and just work towards its. Unless you're wealthy its going to be a work in progress. Enjoy it too, you'll learn stuff the more you look into it all.
bobble

Post by bobble »

Hi Brett,
Never too late to start "putting a few tins away"! We're in our 60's and i've been "done out of my pension" by the government (till i'm 66 at least) so we prep for economic/ societal problems. We grow spuds and other veg and keep hens and bees and every little helps! Good luck with your preps!
Cheers :-)