Hi everyone. Ex forces.

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
SamR98

Hi everyone. Ex forces.

Post by SamR98 »

Hi everyone. New to prepping but always been very aware of current situations around the world and domestic. I served 6 years with the parachute regiment 1 battalion Special force support group Sounds alot cooler than it is.

Few questions to you experienced guys and girls

1.) Ive seen alot of people who think running to the woods is a bad idea which is certian senerios it is. However i know with the right kit i could survive up to 6 months.. and remain hidden. Granted Iam lucky enough to have been trained. Ive done similar thing in afganistan in a land and terrian im not used to. So over here i feel i would be ok. But like i said past the 6 month point it would go downhill. So i guess the situation dictates.

2.) Do you know any good blogging pages to follow as i need an open mind and to learn bugging in styles and tactics

Thanks guys.
bobble

Re: Hi everyone. Ex forces.

Post by bobble »

Hi SamR28,
hope you like it on here! We're a couple of old dears who got into prepping after the tanker drivers strikes in 2000. With your past training, you might be best reading up on people like Selco who was stuck in a town in Bosnia with his family when it all kicked off there, and they were forced to 'bug in'. Hes written some books with lots of tips and first hand knowledge, learnt through his experiences. Have fun!
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome, Sam!

About bugging out, I have absolutely no idea whether an ex para could manage to bug out successfully in the UK over a period of six months, so I'm not one to comment, but I do think the differing population densities (e.g. of Afghanistan and the UK) must have an effect? It's a fascinating topic, in any case.

I don't know any blogs specifically about bugging in/ out - but this forum is a great source of bugging in information, absolutely! As for bugging out, maybe check on Amazon for bugging out books by David Crossley, an ex-soldier. If you sign up for a free trial for Kindle Unlimited, you can read them for free too.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, what is it that you think you'd be bugging out in the woods for 6 months for ??? Not a trick question, we'll all have our own take on what the future might hold (and our personal take will most likely never come to pass :lol: ) but just because you think you could live in the woods for 6 months doesn't mean it should be your 'go to' option. Certainly in winter, living off the land would be tricky.

What is it you're prepping for mate ?
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

No way in hell would I like to see anybody attempting to last 6 months on the hills up here. I hope it doesn't come to that, for you or any of the rest of us :mrgreen: