Newbie from UK (but based in France)

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
medwayman

Newbie from UK (but based in France)

Post by medwayman »

Greetings one and all, just to let you know a few details about myself luckily a single man with no kids and I am just 43 years young on April 17th, as it says in title I am based in France and I am luckily in a rural location away from any high density population which I think is a good advantage.

Into most things with regards prepping anything from bush-crafting skills, to crop growing, wild food foraging and I also have a FAC air rifle (Stoeger RX20 S3 surpressor) for hunting small game ETC. I also do like my gadgets and I will post a few pictures on here soon.

My best knowledge is regarding crop growing have quite a big crop going in this year.
P1310123.JPG
Preppers.png
P1310078.JPG
Deeps

Re: Newbie from UK (but based in France)

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I think we share an interest in accumlators (amongst other things ;) ) on another forum. Hope you find this place useful mate. Lots of knowledge on all sorts here.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum :) lovely raised beds there. Are there any crops you grow that we'd despair of in the UK?
General DeGaulle

Post by General DeGaulle »

It seems like theres a lot of us about! UK preppers in France, I mean. Strangely, the locals in my area don't seem to go for raised beds (although I do) and you can bet your last euro that if you see them around here its a Brit household! The locals are however a useful resource for information and tips, though. To my despair two years ago I ignored
the locals advice not to plant out tomatoes before may 15 and went ahead and planted them on 1st may, thinking it would be alright. What happened? A freak frost two days later killed them all!