New from New Forest

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Senescents

New from New Forest

Post by Senescents »

Hi. I’m pretty new to prepping. The idea has been with me for a Long time just not the actual doing. Keen to learn what I need to do and talk/meet with other preppers that I Hope live near me.
Arzosah

Re: New from New Forest

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum - there's lots here for beginners and experienced alike, I'm sure you'll find some helpful stuff. What's inspiring you to take action right now, what are you prepping for?
F4lcon

Post by F4lcon »

Hi I’m from the new forest, a lovely place good for the prepper
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
Droidy

Post by Droidy »

Hi F4lcon
Just looking round to see who else is on the Forest.
I'm over in Ringwood.
Maybe see you out there.
It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end. U Le Guin
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Senescents wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:09 pm Hi. I’m pretty new to prepping. The idea has been with me for a Long time just not the actual doing. Keen to learn what I need to do and talk/meet with other preppers that I Hope live near me.
Hi and welcome, from Northwest.
We're a helpful and knowledgeable bunch. Feel free to throw out any questions or opinions, or wade in with your own answers and thoughts.
Maybe tell us what prepping you are doing or thinking of doing, and with what scenarios in mind.

Note, Forest or no forest, most of us here are inclined to prep to bug-in or bug-elsewhere rather than Bug-out and 'live off the land.'

Don't be shy.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Senescents wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:09 pm Hi. I’m pretty new to prepping. The idea has been with me for a Long time just not the actual doing. Keen to learn what I need to do and talk/meet with other preppers that I Hope live near me.
Hi, welcome to the forum.
Sounds like you have a good idea of what to do. Obviously you want a supply of food, water, first aid, soap, wet wipes things like that. You need alternative light and heat to cook. Take your time and reasearch each thing. It takes years. It's important to build up some savings and have a decent amount of cash ready, so don't blow it all on prepping!
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Hi and welcome to a great site , you have come to the right place to learn stuff ask and someone will help you out .
As for prepping i think most just see it as a way of life now days lol we have been called many things over time until the SHTF then people are like oh i need help , just go at it slow and read about stuff before buying .

Work to a budget don't go mad and over spend on kit you will noit use go for al lthe stuff you will use first then when you are happy wit hthat you can build on that with stuff to trade or swap .

Enough the knowledge base