Hello from Berkshire

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
PrepperMumUK

Hello from Berkshire

Post by PrepperMumUK »

Hello,

It is so lovely to join this group! Looking forward to getting tips & ideas.
I am a mum of two, that believes in being prepared for different possible situations - a small scale prepper for approximately 10 years.
Spent the past few days canning meats & making fruit syrups... I love to cook! after all Hubby and kids deserve a treat :-)

Anyhow, glad to be part of the group.
Arzosah

Re: Hello from Berkshire

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome! Small scale sounds good, I hope you find lots here that fits your interests.
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

Not sure I am qualified to welcome you but ‘hello’ notwithstanding :) I hope you find comfort and knowledge here!
jansman

Post by jansman »

All welcomes are welcome.So welcome!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the place useful.
Chunk

Post by Chunk »

Hi there and welcome
PrepperMumUK

Post by PrepperMumUK »

Thanks for all welcoming responses.

As you probably gathered from my initial message I have a healthy stock of food, but I am now considering other areas of prepping that I have previously ignored. (Money, meds/health, security, etc).

Is anyone expecting issues with banks during/or soon after brexit? Perhaps keeping a little bit of cash at home for emmergencies?

Thank you
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Personally I suspect the whole brexit thing will be a bit of a damp squib however keeping a bit of cash in the house in various sized notes is always handy (if you manage to keep it for emergencies, which I struggle with!)
I also keep a few half bottles of whisky & vodka as I've found them to be very handy when asking a local farmer to move some timber or similar, their value would increase in the event of cash flow issues.
But again, I do struggle to keep them for emergencies! ;-)
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Keeping a bit of cash at home is *always* a good idea, to be honest - think of how often you see in the papers now "payments at X bank (Barclays, lloyds, RBS, whatever) crash without warning".

Good for you for expanding your preps.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

+1 for keeping cash at home. I've got a money box with change that I bag up and take to the bank rather than the machines that take 10%, I've also got 400 quid sat in it for emergencies. Sometimes an emergency is having to pay for a take away but it gets replaced. We tend to have some other cash about (tin of £2 coins and my wallet) but if the banks aren't working it will let us fuel the car and pay for fresh stuff to supplement our stores. It could pay for a taxi if we're stranded (and convince the driver I had cash at home)... Or whatever other scenario I haven't even thought off, basically, its bloody handy and with interest rates being what they are, its not costing me that much to keep it to hand.