New Prepper Oxford

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Deeps

Re: New Prepper Oxford

Post by Deeps »

korolev wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:28 am As far as spices go, I bought big jars of chilli powder, coriander, cumin and garam masala about 10 years ago and am still using them with no ill effect (apart from being 3 stone heavier).
It happens to the best of us mate. :oops:

Amicoalfie, I think the 'weapons stuff' was what we discuss on here rather than it being legal to possess. Have you looked into Kilner jars (and their cheap equivalents, Ikea do some), I do a lot of dehydrating and these have done me fine.
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

I use the ikea kilner style jars as well, absolutely nothing wrong with them and half the price of the real ones.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Jamesey1981 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:38 pm I use the ikea kilner style jars as well, absolutely nothing wrong with them and half the price of the real ones.
Aye, I use both too. I think the glass is a bit thinner on the Ikea ones but that's the only difference. Tupaware type stuff works too of course.
amicoalfie

Post by amicoalfie »

I think I have some of them somewhere actually, used to use them for tea+coffee+sugar, but never really considered them for longer storage.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

amicoalfie wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:56 pm I think I have some of them somewhere actually, used to use them for tea+coffee+sugar, but never really considered them for longer storage.
You can buy spare rubber seals for them too, have a play with the ones you have to see if they 'work' for you mate.