Hello from Central Lancashire

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Stu_2E0BBN

Hello from Central Lancashire

Post by Stu_2E0BBN »

Hey all

My name is Stu from Preston and I'm totally new to prepping. I came to this site after looking for information for my wife who is a little concerned about the upcoming break with Europe so has started stockpiling a few extra items with our weekly shopping. She mostly wanted to know what to prioritise and how much.

I've read through a few posts and it's peaked my interest so decided to join to learn more.

I have a decent knowledge when it comes to the communication element hence the callsign in my forum nick. I also grew up fishing and hunting which has another element covered.

I'm sure i'll have many more questions so thanks for reading...
Deeps

Re: Hello from Central Lancashire

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum Stu, the best advice I can give is figure out what it is YOU (and the missus) are looking to achieve/prepare for and work towards it. Do your research and try not to get your head turned by all the cool or clever stuff, that's the hard bit. :lol:
jansman

Post by jansman »

Welcome to the forum.I will echo what Deeps says.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum! Perfectly understand your wife's concerns, it's great that you're working on it too.
korolev

Post by korolev »

Hello :mrgreen:
bobble

Post by bobble »

Hi Stu, good thinking by you and your wife to become more self reliant! Theres loads of really good information on here and everyone is very willing to give solid, practical advice. We started off buying a big bag of rice from the chinese supermarket, lasted over 18months. We got extra tins of meat, fruit and veg on the weekly shop. We also bought a big bag of wheat and a grinder from Martin at Brow Farm in Scarisbrick, (roughly a 1lb loaf for 40 weeks.) We chopped the sprouting bits off our spuds and planted them in plant pots, (had no garden at that time)kept them watered etc then 3/4 months later harvested lots of little tasty spuds! Good luck :)