Hi, new/returning member

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Kathymw

Re: Hi, new/returning member

Post by Kathymw »

Hi. Leaving home and probably be only if something bad happened there, e.g. Fire. Otherwise sticking things out here.

Husband is boring old fart - never had any hobbies. Won't go out so shopping etc all down to me. Actually everything down to me!! Need to move as place too big for us and I've been sorting for last 6 months with him watching tv, listening to radio and doing sudoku as I sort out. Seriously, he does have some mobility issues so it's all me essentially.

Will look more into stove, and places to store more food. Need to consider chargers for stuff - gotta have my kindle! Anyone got a solar charger?

Feel I've got support from everyone here :)

Regards
Kathy
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Plenty solar options out there, have a quick look on 'usual' sites. I prefer the camping type ones as you have more options, these sort of things.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dohiker-Charge ... anel&psc=1

Plenty other alternatives depending on how much you want to spend. You can also make your own off grid more permanent system. Plenty have on here so have a nose.
F4lcon

Post by F4lcon »

Hi those solar chargers are good for keeping a fully charged battery topped up! But would take hours and hours of direct sun to charge even a single AA battery that is flat more for looks really, if you need advice on solar charging or off grid power let me know I can help you out/point you in the right direction
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail