Hi from Ireland

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
patjunfa

Hi from Ireland

Post by patjunfa »

Hi all

New to the Forum. Living in Ireland. I've been into prepping to some extent for a number of years. I take it as a given that current structures are very finite. I expect an economic collapse and so breaking of current trade systems, for which our society is very badly prepared or engineered for. I also think human extinction is unfortunatly quite likely. Climate change or climate breakdown will impact on everything we know.
Weve been growing most of our own veg for a good while and are still skilling up in this area. There are many areas of life, where I expect I will look back and wish I'd gotten some essential materials or skills before collapse occurred. I take it things are going to get v difficult, but I love life and try and work philosophically with our scenario. Mental health, the ability to adapt and enjoy lifes moments are one of our most valuable resources.
That said there are a number of areas of life I expect I will look back after collapse, and wish I'd gotten a few more essentials in. Hence I'm here to look for a few basic directions...some of my next tasks are trying to get basic energy security, some charger and inverter for lights, communications etc...
Tnks
Patrick
Last edited by patjunfa on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deeps

Re: Hi from Ireland

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it useful. What kind of things are you prepping for ???
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
unsure

Post by unsure »

hello , pull up a seat .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum, Patrick - sounds like you're expecting a deep level of collapse. Do you think things will differ between the UK and Ireland? Or will it be worldwide?
patjunfa

Post by patjunfa »

Hiyas

Asides from expecting a financial collapse for the last number of years, Ive been more recently following extinction rebellions activity's. This is a great talk called headed for extinction and what to do about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2VkC4SnwY0&t=822s. I've been quite aware of climate change for years but in the last few months, the narrative around it has changed considerably. Also in the last couple of years the tone emerging from Science on it has definitely changed also
This paper called deep adaption, relating to INTHE (inevitable near term human extinction ) is brilliant. http://www.lifeworth.com/deepadaptation.pdf. Mad that theres so little written actually exploring what the outcome of our current trajectory. The timeframe for these changes are most likely within our own livetimes and certainly within our childrens. Certainly there will be different factors affecting different countrys such as UK and Ireland but enough similarity also in the threats.
I also think Brexit could be one of the flash points triggering an economic collapse. Things may proceed in some version of normal after March 31st, but equally, this could be one of those breaking points. If nothing else, it seems useful to have some sort of deadline to try and have some basic prepping done by