New to prepping and would like advice :)

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Cherrypie

New to prepping and would like advice :)

Post by Cherrypie »

Hey so I'm pretty got at stocking up my cuboards with food anyway I reckon In have enough dry food to last me and my little one about a month.
Things I'm interested in know of there any good survivors books that cover things from finding vegetation good to eat to how make radios and just general good knowledge to know.... I know you can prob find books to cover each subject but would like a guide that covers most.
Also what kinda community's there are out there... my family live an hour's drive if worse comes to worse I might not be able to make it to them by car, know few people but not many that on prepping and not gonna lie willing to help others but not really wanting people who will be leaches... also if the world needs rebuilding it's best to do it in a community than try and do it alone....

Also advices on how make or prep my home to make it secure from everything from riots to zombies to weapons....

What kind of weapons do you guys think I should start looking at? If got house hold basics like hammers n knives... was thinking about getting my gun licence.... but any other recommendations?

Generally just looking for good go to sites.... books... advice and handy tips and if there's any other single mum's out there who got advice or gadgets that could come in hand if worse comes to worse to help protect/calm and general keep my little one safe...

Very greatful for any advice ECT and look forward to chatting
Xoxoxoxox
Deeps

Re: New to prepping and would like advice :)

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the site useful. Just a heads up that we don't discuss weapons for prepping on here but there is plenty of other info on other subjects, take a nose around the forum.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)

Starter books, I would have a look at this site and take your pick:

http://www.prepperssurvive.com/prepper-library/

HTH
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
General DeGaulle

Post by General DeGaulle »

One great book you can get is 'Plants With A Purpose', referred to in Bramble's post in the Books/educational thread. The author also wrote 'food for free'. All those things I used to call weeds that I now make salads out of! Also it includes lots of plants you can make other stuff from. I got a cheap copy off Amazon for a fiver.
korolev

Post by korolev »

Hello and welcome.

As far as radios go, I've been into electronics since the 1970s and whilst I could build a radio it's far easier to buy a couple, they start under a fiver on Amazon.
Cherrypie

Post by Cherrypie »

Thanks guys this is very useful information and very grateful!
Does the UK have any doomsday preppers meets??? Xoxoxoxo
jansman

Post by jansman »

Cherrypie wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:02 pm Thanks guys this is very useful information and very grateful!
What do you mean by doomsday?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Cherrypie wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:02 pm Thanks guys this is very useful information and very grateful!
Only the one..... but we hope it doesn't happen. :mrgreen: :tinfoil
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Cherrypie

Post by Cherrypie »

Like a convention where people sell product or people meet exchange ideas ECT... they have them in USA but couldn't find any in UK when I tried googling it XD xoxoxoxixoxoxo
jansman

Post by jansman »

Cherrypie wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:58 pm Like a convention where people sell product or people meet exchange ideas ECT... they have them in USA but couldn't find any in UK when I tried googling it XD xoxoxoxixoxoxo
UK preppers are a little more reserved.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.