Looking for like minds!

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Machr

Looking for like minds!

Post by Machr »

Hi all,

Im here to swap tips and possibly find out about meets or events, (preferably family orientated) happening around Scotland as i'm based near Perth. Ive never really bothered with others in the "scene" as i didn't really look at it as a "scene" but, more of a way of life that i wanted to enjoy. Not everyone gets it and i can understand that but, i prefer my kids to learn about learning how to fix things and the outdoors and how to enjoy it rather than play video games ( apart from at 6am when the little buggers are full pelt, then an i pad is a very welcome friend!)
Im not so new to prepping but we can all still learn plenty from each other. Currently learning more about farming and building up a small holding to become more self sufficient and loving it!
I enjoy learning new skills and helping others with what i know although I do prefer to self teach myself so that no one sees when i mess it up :)
Ive always had the feeling that we should be able to all look after ourselves and others if we can.

Happy to be here and thanks for reading my wee spiel!

Cheers
Deeps

Re: Looking for like minds!

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I've found it a really useful resource. It sounds like you have a good grasp of what you're about mate, there's a few of us in Scotland, we're trying to organise a meet up but at least initially we're looking to muster for a pint to say hello. Date and venue TBC.
Machr

Post by Machr »

Hey Deeps,

That would be cracking to get a few bods together. I'm happy to travel to wherever is suitable for most folks. I do work away now and again so hopefully i can work it in while i'm at home. I'll keep an eye out for updates mate.

Cheers!
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Have a look in the 'RV's' section mate, we're trying to get a rough register of who is up for it and when/where. The more the merrier. :D
Machr

Post by Machr »

Having a search but not finding this RV section mate :?
Is it in a sub heading or something?
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

You're not missing too much mate, here's the thread...

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13848
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum, Machr. Sounds like you've got the right mix for your kids of outdoors and ipads :)

It also sounds like that meet is really going to happen. Yay!
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Welcome to the forum, look forward to your posts.
Machr

Post by Machr »

Thanks for the welcome folks :)
Seems i'm not authorised to view that link Deeps? Do i need to prove my worth as a prepper first :lol:

Also... just had a powercut and got excited about what might be happening. Standard powercut, phoning the head doctor tomorrow! :shock:
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Hmm, you should be able to see it mate, as a newb the only restriction you have is your first 10 posts have to be vetted then you're good to go. Not sure of your knowledge so sorry if teaching you to suck eggs but have a look in the 'Board index' at the top left and have a rummage.